Any one use multiple foundations on a consistent basis

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone else use multiple foundations on a consistent basis.

Tarte Re-Create-My everyday foundation that I wear to work.
    MAC Studio Fix-Going out and weekends
    Estee Lauder Double wear-Long wear during activity, expecting to sweat, etc.
    Revelon Colorstay-same as double wear although a lighter shade
    Maybelline Dream mouse matte-When I dont want to do much and want some quick color. I usually apply this with my fingers, all others I apply with a brush (MAC 187 or a paddle brush).

In addition I use Clinique loose powder or Make up forever loose powder to set my liquid foundations. The MUF is a shade darker so depending on if I want to go drker or lighter determines which one I use.

I also use Tarte and clinique pressed powders for touch ups and quick applications.

Just curious if other use so many foundations regularly. It seems like most people stick to only one.

2. I alternate between Bobbi Brown's skin foundation and Nars sheer glow. I purchased the Bobbi brown first and didn't want it to go to waste since it's a really good foundation. I just usually mix the two together, don't want them to expire.

3. I use Bare Essentials Mineral foundation for everyday light coverage, and Lancome Fresh Wear for a polished look when I'm heading out. I also have NARS for heavier coverage and a Clinique when I dont feel like using the BE.

4. I do. I use Bare Minerals, Sephora brand tinted moisturizer, MUFE High Def., Smashbox Halo, MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus and I am about to add MAC Pro Long Wear into the rotation. Sometimes I mix any of them together, sometimes separate, I never know.

Glad I am not the only one :smile:

5. I pretty much only use Dior AirShow. It's just so easy and quick.

6. I have two and I use both consistently, my light tinted-moisturizer type for when my skin is dry and my Bare Minerals as my regular normal foundation.

7. I alternate foundations - and primers - depending on my mood or how dry/oily my skin feels.

Foundations:
    MUFE
    Estee Lauder double wear - this is my current HG
    Tarte
    Revlon colorstay
    MAC Studio Sculpt

Primers:
    Smashbox
    Chanel Le Blanc
    Clarins instant smooth perfect touch
    Stila hydrating

8. I use:

MAC mineralize satinfinish foundation
    MAC Studio Sculpt (more for evenings or if i need more staying power)
    NARS Sheer Glow

9. Lately I have been wearing
    Lancome teint idole fresh wear for day and Chanel mat lumiere for evening

10. I have and use regularly (At the moment)

Chanel Pro Luminere
    MUFE stcks (2 different shades)
    Clinique Almost Makeup
    TheBalm tinted moisturizer
    Revlon Colorstay
    Revlon Photoready
    Lise Watier liquid mineral
    L'Oreal Vitalift.

I'll use whichever depending on my mood or how my skin's reacting that day.

I also have a few different finishing powders, both pressed and loose I use depending......
    A few different primers, and a few different luminated liquids I might or might not mix into my foundations

11. Wow almost the same foundations I use! Which MUFE do you use? EL Double wear is amazing and I would probably use it everyday but I like Tarte as my daily because it's natural without so many chemicals.

How do you like the Clarins for your primer? I have been debating on trying this.

12. I use:
    Dior tinited moisturizer for the summer months
    Dior Nude foundation for when I want lots of coverage
    Bobbi Brown Skin foundation for when I want sheer coverage

And I'm thinking about trying MAC, and maybe the new Bobbi Brown Natural foundation?

13. Hey there!

I am using the last bits of my MUFE Liquid Lift foundation. I'm Sooooo bummed it got discontinued. I use MUFE High Def as a replacement (I'm fair, a 115).

I do like Tarte ReCreate but for some reason it tends to 'grab' and make my skin seem drier these days - may need to switch up the primer underneath. So the Estee Lauder double wear has been more of a go-to these days, but I also find if I use Chanel Le Blanc primer I can use a drugstore foundation like CoverGirl TruBlend ---> dynamite combo for coverage and staying power.

Clarins? I was skeptical picking up this jar cream for a primer but it is definitely worth checking out. It looks like a cream but goes on clean and immediately dries to a soft, even finish - perfect for foundation.

I've had early starts and long workdays these past two days and using the Clarins primer really made a difference under my foundation - didn't budge!

The one drawback to Clarins is that it's in a jar so you might want to get a small spatula to scoop out what you need instead of sticking your fingers directly into the jar.

XXXOO PG

14. I do. In fact, not only for foundation, but also for all my cosmetics and skincare products. :P

15. Thnx for the info re: clarins. I might go pick up one bc they're having a GWP at The Bay