Any One Having Regrets about getting a Kusama?

If I were you, I will return the bag and keep the small leather hood. While I won't be too comfortable to carry Kusama bag, I think the slg is pretty cute and good enough to at least have one little ltd Ed Kusama in your collection. :smile:

I think you should keep it - it is not that expensive and it is really beautiful-the graphic design element in addition to the silk screen artwork by Kusama would look beautiful with a classic/traditional suit or conservative outfit.

I have owned the lumi bags in LV and they are boring & some say have a tendency to crack and I have owned the SC bags and the original SC bags were wonderful but the new ones are thin leather,thin hardware and the color is not dyed through the leather- I have seen
Them get light scratches and it shows white underneath- just not enough luxurious leather or features to warrant 4k IMO
Just enjoy your one little artistic Kusama and after buyers remorse wears off you may love it- I do wonder if maybe it is the color and not the pattern that is too bold for you- maybe you could exchange it for a white one ?

LVLux said:
I think you should keep it - it is not that expensive and it is really beautiful-the graphic design element in addition to the silk screen artwork by Kusama would look beautiful with a classic/traditional suit or conservative outfit.

I have owned the lumi bags in LV and they are boring & some say have a tendency to crack and I have owned the SC bags and the original SC bags were wonderful but the new ones are thin leather,thin hardware and the color is not dyed through the leather- I have seen
Them get light scratches and it shows white underneath- just not enough luxurious leather or features to warrant 4k IMO
Just enjoy your one little artistic Kusama and after buyers remorse wears off you may love it- I do wonder if maybe it is the color and not the pattern that is too bold for you- maybe you could exchange it for a white one ?

Interesting comments about the SC, I did not realize the leather was that thin. You would think for the price it would be a very high quality leather without the white showing through the scratches, kind of like a Wilson's leather blazer that I paid $50.00, YES $50.00 on clearance but well worth it and it lasted several seasons before the white started showing through but at that point who cares, it was $50.00. Now $4000.00 is a whole different story and no excuse.

LVLux said:

So true about the SC.. Although I don't own one but I still want to own one later on :biggrin:, I noticed that on the leather.. I tried on the turquoise SC when it was first released and the first thing I noticed was the scratch on the leather and yes, I saw white underneath.. That's weird though..:shrugs: but I still want to own a SC one day..:biggrin: when the right color comes out..;)

clu13 said:
I was so excited to get my Yellow Speedy. But it has sat in the bag for nearly 2 weeks. My reveal was the only time I took it out. And I have worn the outfits that I had planned to wear with it. Maybe I got wrapped up in the hype and excitement. I still think it is a gorgeous bag, but now I think I won't ever use it.

I'm wondering if I should take it back along with the ZCP I bought last week and use the $$$ that I will get from selling my Tivoli PM (hopefully tomorrow - this is taking forever) and buy something on the higher end of the spectrum. There is a side of me that thinks I should get something epi electric like the Mirabeau or just go all in and get an SC (are they even available). I kind of put a $2000 price limit on my LVs (Citadine was to be the most I ever spent) so I have really never ever "considered" going that crazy with LV except in my dreams where I win the lottery.

I am so torn. Any one else having regrets about getting the polka dots?

I am so sorry that it didn't work out for you.. I'm guessing it's the color.. It might be too bold/loud for you.. Since I got my blue speedy, I haven't changed my purse.. I'm still carrying it and still loving it..:biggrin: I usually change my purse every week but haven't changed it for 2 weeks straight now..:biggrin:

Since you're having doubts, definitely exchange it to something you really love.. But think hard.. Or what if you exhange it with a different color? I'm really guessing it's the color.. Hope you make the right decision..;) good luck!!:hugs:

I love mine. It did sit for a week but that was because I was trying to wait for an event. That got cut short and it's been used daily ever since. Lat night was the first time I switched to Eva due to the rain and today I will prob. Use saumur on the subway.

No hype here but I do understand. If you don't like it, by all means take it back...but if you're just afraid to use----use it today. Go get it out of the closet right now and put your things in it. Go outside, get in your car and go to the store......................................now doesn't that feel better:smile:
Enjoy!

I was so excited to get my Yellow Speedy. But it has sat in the bag for nearly 2 weeks. My reveal was the only time I took it out. And I have worn the outfits that I had planned to wear with it. Maybe I got wrapped up in the hype and excitement. I still think it is a gorgeous bag, but now I think I won't ever use it.

I'm wondering if I should take it back along with the ZCP I bought last week and use the $$$ that I will get from selling my Tivoli PM (hopefully tomorrow - this is taking forever) and buy something on the higher end of the spectrum. There is a side of me that thinks I should get something epi electric like the Mirabeau or just go all in and get an SC (are they even available). I kind of put a $2000 price limit on my LVs (Citadine was to be the most I ever spent) so I have really never ever "considered" going that crazy with LV except in my dreams where I win the lottery.

I am so torn. Any one else having regrets about getting the polka dots?

I'm with you, on getting wrapped up in the YK hype...even that tissue paper had me mesmerized. ;)

The yellow Speedy is really a beautiful piece, but if you feel it's not going to work for you (casual or professionally) you'll be so much happier exchanging it for another more useful bag that you can wear and enjoy. I'm still happy with my white Papillon- the longer straps make this bag very comfy, but, similar to your concern, this piece will not be going to work with me at a hospital. This will be my fun, casual bag to wear out shopping or to lunch with friends.

The SC line is gorgeous, and so classy for work or casual wear. I didn't realize the issues though with the thinner leather, and compromised quality. The Epi Electric bags are stunning...I tried on the Alma in Prune...wow! Good luck with your decision, keep us posted!

I would take it back. Maybe, you could even try another brand. Doesn't Southpark have an Hermes and doesn't NM sell Loro Piana? Those two brands come to mind when I think of subtle bags of excellent quality. Anyway, good luck with your decision. Oh, I saw you mentioned the Mirabeau. Talk about an underrated bag. It's gorgeous! I love Epi. I just bought my DH an Epi card case. We are so impressed with the quality.

Last edited:
We should go to Vegas together and tear up the town. LOL.

Haha! Bring me along as well...l make sure to have the warm milk and cookies ready for our 8:00pm bedtime :biggrin:

My mom's teaching of 'understated elegance' has stayed with me and applies to everything I purchase (diamonds being the exception :graucho:) It would be nice just to go nutty and buy something a bit more bold!

Aside from that... Its been two weeks and you haven't used her so far. I'm usually so happy about a bag that I'll wear it out of the store! I'm thinking that you should return it and buy a bag that you'd feel more comfortable carrying... Something that you don't have to talk yourself into wearing every time you look at it. A timeless, classic bag is one that's always easy to wear.

I would take it back. In my closet, I have lots of bags that I had to have because they are so so so what ever and I never carry them. I am happy to own them but what a waste of money. If you like the kusama line, why not get a wallet or a small cosmetic pouch, they are easier to use.

I promise to be an absolute scream in Vegas.

I don't drink. I don't gamble. I don't care for buffets. I'm too old to party with Paris Hilton. And I'd rather be taken hostage by angry clowns than sit through a Celine Dion concert. Don't get me started on acrobatics.

I will, however, go to LV and get me a nice bag in a classic shape and design. And a purple cles. YEAH, BABEEE!!!

I promise to be an absolute scream in Vegas.

I don't drink. I don't gamble. I don't care for buffets. I'm too old to party with Paris Hilton. And I'd rather be taken hostage by angry clowns than sit through a Celine Dion concert. Don't get me started on acrobatics.

I will, however, go to LV and get me a nice bag in a classic shape and design. And a purple cles. YEAH, BABEEE!!!

Haha!...funny you should mention 'purple'...my favourite 'wild' colour!
I'd go see a show...the dim lighting helps me nap. :biggrin: