Any One Having Regrets about getting a Kusama?

trumanfinn said:
i'm the same way..i fantasize about wearing bags with cute outfits, but frankly, the only time i ever put on a cute outfit and a great bag is when i go to lv. Other than that, i pretty much only carry boring, plain bags.

I still love the kusama though, and don't really find it all that crazy or wild looking. It's tame enough to wear with jeans and a tee shirt.

I love chanel and the fancier lv bags, but would never buy one..i can't think of one outfit that i own that could pull off a chanel with a dainty little chain..lol

+1

I love lots of the LEs that have come out over the years, but I have a personal rule:

buy LEs in pochettes or accessories ONLY.

Like you, yellow polka dots don't really suit my lifestyle and, while some people can wear big bold styles and look fabulous, the polka dots/neon graffiti/cherries/metallics would end up not only wearing me, but overwhelming any tiny strand of fabulosity I might possess.

Because I'm such a rule-bound creature, with this edict in place all temptations to engage in impulse buying in this area are curbed and the potential for regrets minimized.

My planned Kusama purchase? A keychain to hang off my next DE bag.

DrDior said:
I love lots of the LEs that have come out over the years, but I have a personal rule:

buy LEs in pochettes or accessories ONLY.

Like you, yellow polka dots don't really suit my lifestyle and, while some people can wear big bold styles and look fabulous, the polka dots/neon graffiti/cherries/metallics would end up not only wearing me, but overwhelming any tiny strand of fabulosity I might possess.

Because I'm such a rule-bound creature, with this edict in place all temptations to engage in impulse buying in this area are curbed and the potential for regrets minimized.

My planned Kusama purchase? A keychain to hang off my next DE bag.

That's me too. My wild girl move was putting a charm on my purse. Lol

I'm the same way..I fantasize about wearing bags with cute outfits, but frankly, the only time I ever put on a cute outfit and a great bag is when I go to LV. Other than that, I pretty much only carry boring, plain bags.

I still love the kusama though, and don't really find it all that crazy or wild looking. It's tame enough to wear with jeans and a tee shirt.

I love chanel and the fancier LV bags, but would never buy one..I can't think of one outfit that I own that could pull off a Chanel with a dainty little chain..lol

I think I am on the other side of the spectrum. I wear dresses and stilettos whenever possible so Chanel kind of goes with my wardrobe better than the Kusama. I'm trying to be more casual. I lost a lot of weight this year so I have really enjoyed being more casual.

I also got caught up in the hype. I'm really conservative too and almost bought the zippy kusama but pulled back. Came to the realization my style is too classic. But I lovvvvve looking at them.

Yep - I think just posting this thread has made me realize that the Kusama may not be for me.

Honestly, I prefer the other colors as an everyday bag but I know myself. I can't deal with a speedy as an everyday bag and I cannot justify a Kusama Neverfull already having a mono neverfull. Oh well, guess I need to find a new bag. If I were a good wife, I'd take it back before Thursday and get the refund. But DH does not "buy" me bags too often so I'm taking the bag back and exchanging!

My opinion, if you're having second opinion about the purse, you should maybe return it. That's just how I feel. Everything I've had second thoughts on, I ended up returning it with no regrets. Of course in the beginning I second, third, fourth guess myself, but afterwards, I don't regret it. It's your choice in the end.

Yep - gotta go with the gut. I should be in love! Sometimes I feel so bad that I have so many bags that have to have this debate with myself. Now I'm just buying bags on a whim.

DrDior said:
We should go to Vegas together and tear up the town. LOL.

My DB and I went to Vegas in May and I think we were in bed by 1130 every night. But we did wake up at 430 am to fly over to the Grand Canyon. Lol. We be lucky if we gambled 200. Lol

clu13 said:
Yep - I think just posting this thread has made me realize that the Kusama may not be for me.

Honestly, I prefer the other colors as an everyday bag but I know myself. I can't deal with a speedy as an everyday bag and I cannot justify a Kusama Neverfull already having a mono neverfull. Oh well, guess I need to find a new bag. If I were a good wife, I'd take it back before Thursday and get the refund. But DH does not "buy" me bags too often so I'm taking the bag back and exchanging!

Lololol. Smart!

It sounds like you've lost the initial love for this bag and will probably be best for you to return it and put it toward something more exciting for you. I got the red Speedy, and I, too have not carried it yet, but am excited to carry it soon. It won't be a work bag for me but will be fun on my off days. If you don't feel the excitement then you need to return it. I ended up doing that with 2 other LV bags a few months ago, and I felt so relieved afterwards.

I am going to sleep on it to make sure I am happy with whatever decision I make. Whenever I take something back, I end up getting something more freaking expensive. LV is like a drug!

My DB and I went to Vegas in May and I think we were in bed by 1130 every night. But we did wake up at 430 am to fly over to the Grand Canyon. Lol. We be lucky if we gambled 200. Lol

That's how we were! I fell asleep at the on Cirque du Soleil show. My husband thinks he can play craps, but I neg to differ. I ended up sitting around playing nickels slots.

clu13 said:
That's how we were! I fell asleep at the on Cirque du Soleil show. My husband thinks he can play craps, but I neg to differ. I ended up sitting around playing nickels slots.

Lmbo. I was too cheap to gamble. I spent money at lv however. Lol

I was so excited to get my Yellow Speedy. But it has sat in the bag for nearly 2 weeks. My reveal was the only time I took it out. And I have worn the outfits that I had planned to wear with it. Maybe I got wrapped up in the hype and excitement. I still think it is a gorgeous bag, but now I think I won't ever use it.

I'm wondering if I should take it back along with the ZCP I bought last week and use the $$$ that I will get from selling my Tivoli PM (hopefully tomorrow - this is taking forever) and buy something on the higher end of the spectrum. There is a side of me that thinks I should get something epi electric like the Mirabeau or just go all in and get an SC (are they even available). I kind of put a $2000 price limit on my LVs (Citadine was to be the most I ever spent) so I have really never ever "considered" going that crazy with LV except in my dreams where I win the lottery.

I am so torn. Any one else having regrets about getting the polka dots?
buy something smaller (I got an agenda, the yellow with black dots) it gives you the flavor of it without "shouting" so much. I wouldn't carry the yellow speedy professionally, either.