Food any one been to el bulli?

cherry pie

Jan 13, 2007
iv just found out that my SO has reservations there for the summer. he booked last may! hes such a sweetie.

have any of you foodies been? or tried to get a table?

(for those who dont know, google it, its the best restaurant in the world and is booked up up until 2009!)

iv just found out that my SO has reservations there for the summer. he booked last may! hes such a sweetie.

have any of you foodies been? or tried to get a table?

(for those who dont know, google it, its the best restaurant in the world and is booked up up until 2009!)

Lucky you :yahoo:
I know a guy who did a stage ( you work for free) there. I also have a Chef friend that ate there. They both said it was the real deal.

Bumping an old thread - but I am currently in the midst of trying to get reservations again and here are some stats that I pulled from my latest blog post that I thought people would find interesting:

El Bulli in numbers:
Reservation requests per year: 8,000,000
Customers per year: 8,000
Diners for lunch and dinner: 50 people
Average staff daily: 60 people
El Bulli kitchen space: 350 square meters
Dining space: 330 meters (including terrace)
Wines on wine menu: 1,616
Styles of glassware: 55
Average final meal price per person: 230 euro (Approximately $325 US)
% of tables reserved for returning customers: 50%
Number of years the restaurant has operated at a loss: 10

I've been there twice. Once in 2006 (where I absolutely loved it - best meal in my life) and again in 2007 (it was disappointing by comparison). A friend had a table in 2008 and asked if I wanted to go but I said no - and my friends - who also love food - said it was truly awful. But another friend went last year and said it was incredible.