Any one a Amazon seller? Can you help me out!

loveyouu

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
I just listed some books on amazon and it says "it doesn't cost me a penny until my item gets sold." Is this true? I get a email saying "your listing will remain listed until it is purchased or for 60 days, whichever comes first."

So lets say if my listing does get sold would I have to pay any fee's? And read someone around for payment fee's I'm so confused.

Any amazon sellers that can help me out!!!

If my item does get sold I would ship media mail and should i purchase insurance? Does any one purchase insurance with media mail

Last edited:
I haven't sold any books, but I have had CDs up for longer than 60 days. Maybe because I made changes to the listing, but they haven't been removed, and I haven't been charged anything other than commission after sale. The Amazon commission is pretty steep if your item is on the cheap side, base + %. Check half.com and see if you can do better there, their commission is just 15% flat.

I just listed some books on amazon and it says "it doesn't cost me a penny until my item gets sold." Is this true? I get a email saying "your listing will remain listed until it is purchased or for 60 days, whichever comes first."

So lets say if my listing does get sold would I have to pay any fee's? And read someone around for payment fee's I'm so confused.

Any amazon sellers that can help me out!!!

If my item does get sold I would ship media mail and should i purchase insurance? Does any one purchase insurance with media mail

1) it doesnt cost u unless u sell it. if it doesnt sell, they email u and u have the option to re-list or let the items expire

2) if its sold they take their commission out of your final sale price

3) when it is sold, they will inform u wat shipping option was chosen by the buyer. when you process it, you have the option of using shipping thru amazon (which is cheaper) or u can send it out on ur own.

4) they also have set fees for shipping, so you dont have to set it up, but its usually really low (like $1.45 lol).

1) it doesnt cost u unless u sell it. if it doesnt sell, they email u and u have the option to re-list or let the items expire

2) if its sold they take their commission out of your final sale price

3) when it is sold, they will inform u wat shipping option was chosen by the buyer. when you process it, you have the option of using shipping thru amazon (which is cheaper) or u can send it out on ur own.

4) they also have set fees for shipping, so you dont have to set it up, but its usually really low (like $1.45 lol)

I listed two books last night and one got sold within an hour so I shipped this morning and the second one got sold this afternoon. And I'm planning on shipping it tomorrow morning again.

How do I ship thur Amazon? I just sent it out today and the book was five pounds and I also purchased delivery confirmation so that end up to be $5.

Thanks a million I was super confused but I listed anyways. You've guys cleared it up for me!

Now I have another question. I don't know how I'm suppose to receive the funds. I didn't set up a bank account but they have my Visa info is that okay or do I have to set up my bank account for them to transfer funds?