Any one a Amazon seller? Can you help me out!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    I just listed some books on amazon and it says "it doesn't cost me a penny until my item gets sold." Is this true? I get a email saying "your listing will remain listed until it is purchased or for 60 days, whichever comes first."

So lets say if my listing does get sold would I have to pay any fee's? And read someone around for payment fee's I'm so confused.

Any amazon sellers that can help me out!!!

If my item does get sold I would ship media mail and should i purchase insurance? Does any one purchase insurance with media mail

2. I just sold my first book on amazon. I *think* if nobody buys your item after 60 days the listing is removed at no charge.

The fees for selling kinda confuse me on there though :/

3. Say, your book sells for $40 + $3.99 for shipping. Out of that price, Amazon takes their commission out automatically and you keep the rest.

4. I haven't sold any books, but I have had CDs up for longer than 60 days. Maybe because I made changes to the listing, but they haven't been removed, and I haven't been charged anything other than commission after sale. The Amazon commission is pretty steep if your item is on the cheap side, base + %. Check half.com and see if you can do better there, their commission is just 15% flat.

5. 1) it doesnt cost u unless u sell it. if it doesnt sell, they email u and u have the option to re-list or let the items expire

2) if its sold they take their commission out of your final sale price

3) when it is sold, they will inform u wat shipping option was chosen by the buyer. when you process it, you have the option of using shipping thru amazon (which is cheaper) or u can send it out on ur own.

4) they also have set fees for shipping, so you dont have to set it up, but its usually really low (like $1.45 lol).

6. I listed two books last night and one got sold within an hour so I shipped this morning and the second one got sold this afternoon. And I'm planning on shipping it tomorrow morning again.

How do I ship thur Amazon? I just sent it out today and the book was five pounds and I also purchased delivery confirmation so that end up to be $5.

Thanks a million I was super confused but I listed anyways. You've guys cleared it up for me!

Now I have another question. I don't know how I'm suppose to receive the funds. I didn't set up a bank account but they have my Visa info is that okay or do I have to set up my bank account for them to transfer funds?