Any Omega fans here? Just took my first step into high-end watches!

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I got the Seamaster Pro 300m!! It's the latest version with a ceramic bezel and gloss dial. This is the mid-size at 36.25mm. :smile:

P1070245_zps7317f22d.jpg

P1070257_zpsa206d630.jpg

P1070260_zps5fabc1d8.jpg

Do you think it fits ok? The side view is a little wonky...

P1070258_zpsa1664645.jpg

I need to find a nice leather strap for this, as I sort of find the "Bond" bracelet a bit busy. It's nice to have some variety, anyway! Does anyone know where I can find nice 18mm SHORT LENGTH straps? Everything I like is a men's strap and wayyyy too long. :sad:

I love Omega. I like them more than any other of the high end brands such as Rolex. My jeweler and watch repair guy told me he thinks the Omega is one of the top 5 best watches made and the Seamaster is his personal favorite. My husband got me an Omega Constellation (I'm smaller boned and can't really pull off wearing the bigger watches) with the mother of pearl face for my birthday 6 years ago. I absolutely love it! Congrats on your new Omega!

I love OMEGA too and I absolutely adore your watch. I am currently trying to decide on an Omega watch for my birthday in February. I think I'm going to go for the Aqua Terra 34mm with diamond markers.

Omega will most probably sell you a leather strap for your watch?

Lovely watch :smile: I use my ss Gucci Timeless watch day to day, but would love to get a more high-end one at some point for regular use and when I do it will be either an Omega or a Tag. I love Omega watches, they look so elegant and classy without being ostentatious. I do have a vintage gold Omega watch that my mother gave me which I love and wear on special occasions.

I love this watch!!! Personally I think you should leave strap as it is but I'm not keen on leather straps.
I was between the smaller size of this watch (well very similar watch) or a Tag. Ended up with Tag as it had a little more bling but am def getting a seamaster, maybe for my 40th.
Congratulations!!!!

Ps is it quartz or automatic? My Tag is quartz but thinking of automatic for omega, just puts me off a little needing regular servicing, quartz is pretty much replace battery and that's it!

I love this watch!!! Personally I think you should leave strap as it is but I'm not keen on leather straps.
I was between the smaller size of this watch (well very similar watch) or a Tag. Ended up with Tag as it had a little more bling but am def getting a seamaster, maybe for my 40th.
Congratulations!!!!

Ps is it quartz or automatic? My Tag is quartz but thinking of automatic for omega, just puts me off a little needing regular servicing, quartz is pretty much replace battery and that's it!

You know, I think I replied to your Tag vs Omega post voting for the Tag!!! Obviously my mind has changed somewhere along the line. Haha... Part of the reason may be that this one is an updated version of the Seamaster with a ceramic bezel and a glossy dial. I was really drawn to it!

This is an automatic. I was told that because it uses a coaxial escapement and there is less wear due to friction, the service interval is somewhere between 7-10 years (longer than the typical 4-5). Maybe that might sway you?

i love omega. a lot of history with the brand. i think its great that you went with a sports model. awesome watch, awesome movement. just be carful because if you ever have to fix the co-axial, its super expensive.

You know, I think I replied to your Tag vs Omega post voting for the Tag!!! Obviously my mind has changed somewhere along the line. Haha... Part of the reason may be that this one is an updated version of the Seamaster with a ceramic bezel and a glossy dial. I was really drawn to it!

This is an automatic. I was told that because it uses a coaxial escapement and there is less wear due to friction, the service interval is somewhere between 7-10 years (longer than the typical 4-5). Maybe that might sway you?

Yes I'm sure you did reply!! Out of the 2 I made the right decision, but now this newer version of omega is out I love it!! That's interesting about servicing with this one, best get saving for my 40th haha xx

Love your new Seamaster; it's gorgeous and looks great on you! I don't think the bracelet makes it look too busy at all, but I generally prefer metal bracelets.