Any of you LV owners know how the canvas holds up in snow?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all LV owners,
    I have yet to buy an LV, but contemplating it because of how the vachetta and canvas would wear in the rain/snow... I live in a really snowy state, so I'm scared that my LV would get ruined (even though I wouldn't have to walk far to my car etc), but just the cold weather in general, etc. Thinking about getting a Neverfull or a Delightfull... Do any of you girls/guys have any advice or live in a rainy/snowy state? How has your bag held in different conditions? TIA! :smile:

2. Are you dead set on monogram or azur?
    If you purchase a bag in DE its pretty resilient to the rain and snow.
    Ive worn my DE speedy in the pouring rain and its held up quite well :smile:

3. I have lived in snowy states the past few years, and my general rule is - I will wear LV bags that have vachetta leather if there is snow on the ground, but not if it is actually coming down. If that makes sense...

I primarily have used my Tivoli GM & Palermo PM the past few winters - here are two videos where I specifically talked about using them, how they held up, and using them during the winter... Hopefully they may help you make your decision?

Oh, and if it is actually snowing, I opt for a different style bag - either one of my more durable basic Coach leather bags, Damier Ebene when I owned bags in that pattern... and for this year, I'm actually thinking of picking up a Longchamp tote specifically for use in inclement weather. (And for traveling.) Hope that helps! :biggrin:

4. In my personal opinion and as Bags4Bubbles stated I would carry my mono bags if the snow was already on the ground but not falling. I think they can withstand the "cold" pretty well. Now if it was snowing I would either carry DE or EPI for complete weatherability (is that a word? LOL).

5. Maybe get a Neverfull in DE for winter. I usually do not take my mono purses out in snow or rain. I had my Verona MM out in the rain in Chicago and tried right off, no problems!

6. Thanks all for your responses, I think I'm going to go into the LV store and try some more on...

7. I never take any of my LV's out in the elements..if I can help it like my Chanel.. The only LV that I feel can stand the elements if I need to take it out would be my Lavender Bedford Vernis but that's a summer/spring bag..

8. I'm in Canada - canvas holds up great, no damage whatsoever. Vachetta no, no, no - I see so much nasty vachetta I'd never buy a mono bag even though I love mono. I wish they would make mono with the lovely milk chocolate coloured treated leather they use on ebene. Or graphite in women's styles.

9. I live in Chicago and carry DE in the winter and on rainy days. I have carried mono in snow and rain and it was fine. I just prefer not to do it regularly.