Any of you ladies care to take a look at my cute puffer fish?

Yes! I wanted to show you all just how tiny they really are. They are the smallest species of puffer fish!

Thank you for everyone's replies! I really didn't think I would get a lot of responses since they're only fish and not bigger animals such as dogs or cats.

It makes me happy that others think my pets are cute as well! :love:

We have a tank too! It started with shrimps, in the plants were some snails and tomorrow we will get 2 CPOs

When we started:
3137531729_58e5e7f9ef.jpg

3138357144_b90718f4f5.jpg

Golden Snail
3206699543_4a28ec8bba.jpg

Yellow Fire Shrimp
3203263359_f09455f6ba.jpg

Pregnant Shrimp
3236491329_6061cc3c33.jpg

Tiger and Zebra Snails
3407220448_8f8482cd1a.jpg

Now the plants are grown much and it isn't as empty as on the first pics.

omg...yellow fire shrimp???? Pretty!!! I'd love to get other shrimp colors, but I already have black and cherry, and of course, they're making dark cherry babies! I shouldn't have mixed them :P

Is that a 3 gallon tank? It's very cute :smile:

i love the shrimp!!!
my shrimp are kind of boring colored....they are just tan...but so fun to watch cleaning the tank....i would probably get some cherry shrimp when they go....but they have been with me almost a year...and still going strong!! the funny thing is the day after we got them one of them shed and when i was cleaning the tank a little shrimp "body" floated up...i told my daughter that i think i smooshed the shrimp...lol
needless to say he popped up a few our later....WHEW!!! should have read more about shrimp when i got them...lol

Mohnblume oh WOW you have marimo balls?! FANTASTIC! I love your tank!! I see that the shrimp in one particular picture is actually pregnant!! Are you going to raise the fry?

Buzzytoes, yes I believe those are the moss balls I was talking about! Shrimp LOVE moss balls. They like to pick at unseen "creatures" that grow/live on it.

i had to share with you my UGLY (but i love him) bushy (or bristle) nose pleco....here is FRED!!!!

002.jpg

and one of my shrimp...i think he is called an amano shrimp..

006.jpg

fred is about 4-5 inches or so....maybe almost 5...they dont get bigger than that....they are the only plecos that stay on the small side so you can put them in smaller tanks...they are kind of hard to find though...i just got lucky finding fred in the aquarium store...other than that you can order them online...

LOL zoesma, Fred looks cute in his own way! He looks like he's been fed well! Your shrimp also look huge! How big/old are they?

voodoo, no pea puffers don't puff up like saltwater puffers. All freshwater puffers lack the puffer spikes. They look like they're puffed up when their stomachs are full though! LOL!

i have had the shrimp (2) for almost a year...they are about 1 and 1/2 inches i would say...i dont know how long they generally live but they are quite old (for shrimp,,,lol) ....they were already big when i bought them in the store...

voodoo, no pea puffers don't puff up like saltwater puffers. All freshwater puffers lack the puffer spikes. They look like they're puffed up when their stomachs are full though! LOL!

Well that's interesting! I had no idea...... on the subject of puffer fish....here's my DD and her best friend at the Denver Aquarium posing w/ their puffer. He's a wee bit bigger than your puffers :P

nq68ox.jpg