Any Moynat lovers in H-land?

bluerosespf

H impulse buyer
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
I'm seriously eying the Moynat Réjane bag these days. It's so beautiful. Can anyone on here tell me how the quality compares to H? I know Moynat is now owned by LVMH, and that gives me pause.

I'm seriously eying the Moynat Réjane bag these days. It's so beautiful. Can anyone on here tell me how the quality compares to H? I know Moynat is now owned by LVMH, and that gives me pause.
I own two Moynat bags and a couple of slgs. Absolutely love them! Beautiful quality but under the radar and at a more palatable price point. Customer service is fantastic too in my experience.

I have two Moynat Mini Gabrielles in box leather and also owned a Paradis which I gave to my mother and the quality of all bags is absolutely spectacular. The service is always outstanding, I have always been treated with the utmost respect and every interaction was incredibly warm and pleasant. I also feel the price is fair for the quality and craftsmanship as well as the overall in-store experience. Cannot recommend Moynat enough, although one might get a good deal on the second hand market to get warm with the brand first.

I love the Moynat bags too. I had the Rejane and a couple of Gaby's, but rehomed them just cause I found the Rejane hard to get in and out of and the Gaby's were a bit too slouchy for my taste. I have a small Gabrielle and love her. The quality is excellent. Their boutiques and customer service are excellent, and it's a great under the radar line to have in your collection. I would definitely recommend adding some! :smile:

I'm in the same boat as you---the mini Rejane will be my next bag purchase soon. I've been a longtime Hermes collector who has been turned off by the more recent games that have to be played in order to get bags one wants. Thankfully, I have a lot of H already!

As for quality and customer service, I've been blown away by Moynat. Re: LVMH, my understanding is that Bernard Arnault purchased Moynat several years ago, was his special pet project and under a different umbrella than LVMH. Arnault hired one of Hermes' bag designers---Ramesh Nair--- who worked under Martin Margiela and JP Gaultier to be artistic director.

I was told that the move to go under the LVMH umbrella this year has to do with administrative/licensing/distribution rules for various countries rather than anything else. I'm not sure, but I think they did move their atelier down the street from being above their Rue St. Honore store but that was because of space issues.
I guess we will see, but for the moment, supposedly nothing will change regarding Moynat's production/quality. Crossing fingers here for that!

Please focus on how Moynat's quality compares with Hermes or this thread will be merged with the existing Moynat thread in the general bags forum. TY

I have a black box Gabrielle bag and I daresay it is my favourite bag in my entire collection, and I own several Hermes bags. The craftsmanship is absolutely divine, absolutely equal to Hermes. In some ways it might even be superior! I gave up on ever getting a box leather bag from Hermes and Moynat was the perfect alternative. Moynat’s customer service is truly excellent as well!

Im going to Paris next week and I want to stop by Moynat and pick up a wallet/Pocket Organizer!! Ive never had Moynat

Im planning to hit up Moynat, Goyard, Faure Le Page and Hermes since they are all near each other!

Reactions: sf_newyorker
Off the top of my head. I own a Pauline, rejane saddle, Loulou, a clutch, wallet, a tote. I find the quality comparable to hermès, sales staff personable, they care ( give gifts! :smile:) one of my bags was a special order and when I picked up I was told it will not be duplicated...ever.
Oh my, that is so amazing to know that you have a truly unique bag!