Any Julian lovers here?

Feb 23, 2023
I would love to see your Julians, mini/medium/regular(large) and jumbo, especially the older ones. How long have you had it? How has it held up? Do you still use it? Ive seen a few Julian backpacks where the top handle has either torn free or that stitching is really loose. Also if you have one hiding in the closet and you want to rehome her please think of me

I’m going back and forth between a mini and regular Julian. Anyone have both and has a preference? Pros and cons?

I have both a mini convertible and a regular Julian! If I’m out for a day trip somewhere I use the regular size, but I use the mini more in the post pandemic world because I’m usually doing quick errands and only need my wallet, keys, small water bottle, and sunglasses.

They’ve both been holding up magnificently. I bought the regular Julian new in 2014 and the mini secondhand last year, but the leather feels thick, supple, and luscious still! I’ve toyed with the idea of the middle size, but tbh between these two I don’t really need another.

3614F7E4-A1B8-4F95-A501-22502FC1B51D.jpeg

I have 2 medium and many regulars. I just ordered my first mini convertible and it should arrive today. I’m soooooooo excited. So I love the regulars because they hold my iPad Pro. The mediums if im going to the store or when I don’t take my iPad. I had cervial spinal fusion c/5-c/6 and I can’t have all that weight of a purse on just one shoulder. For a while I was only using Fanny packs/ waist bags, but ipad still in my hands. I find the Julian backpack my favorite purse. I like the many colors and texture they come in. I don’t have a single black one, go figure. I love your backpacks.

Last edited:
Reactions: elation
I have 2 medium and many regulars. I just ordered my first mini convertible and it should arrive today. I’m soooooooo excited. So I love the regulars because they hold my iPad Pro. The mediums if im going to the store or when I don’t take my iPad. I had cervial spinal fusion c/5-c/6 and I can’t have all that weight of a purse on just one shoulder. For a while I was only using Fanny packs/ waist bags, but ipad still in my hands. I find the Julian backpack my favorite purse. I like the many colors and texture they come in. I don’t have a single black one, go figure. I love your backpacks.

Oh that makes me want a medium again! It’s so easy to collect all the Minkoff bags. I’d love to see a pic of your Julian collection! Excited for you to receive your mini today, I hope it exceeds all your expectations!

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
I’m sooooooo excited to try the mini convertible. It’s in a light color so I’m a bit scared. I really like the bubble leather as it’s more sturdy and scratch/scuff proof. For the 2 with black, black hole interiors, I got inserts which are fabulous. When I get home from work I’ll be posting pics of the new baby girl mini in the color doe.
Dusty green nubuck/ medium
passion luxe leather/ medium
dk luggage bubble leather/ regular
malebec/ regular
dark taupe/regular
green olive bubble leather/ regular
mink/ regular

FF48462B-9D6B-4EA2-8563-FAD37D7C2F85.png

5512BAAD-0FBE-4F6F-85D3-8F895DBE991B.jpeg

8EE4951D-0D06-4039-84EC-8F2B7B9DB142.png

414DE289-FC8F-4E20-A1EF-3A05BD4EC76B.jpeg

5265881B-8F83-405A-A74D-91168B7F1E6F.jpeg

2376097F-0E34-475D-AF79-04D80712E52E.jpeg

41AA1C95-976A-4297-B5DA-A762379D54FA.jpeg

8F224835-ED29-42F0-9D02-0D709BB3094C.jpeg

B18B1242-D472-4B83-8539-1112ED5FE26B.png

I’m sooooooo excited to try the mini convertible. It’s in a light color so I’m a bit scared. I really like the bubble leather as it’s more sturdy and scratch/scuff proof. For the 2 with black, black hole interiors, I got inserts which are fabulous. When I get home from work I’ll be posting pics of the new baby girl mini in the color doe.
Dusty green nubuck/ medium
passion luxe leather/ medium
dk luggage bubble leather/ regular
malebec/ regular
dark taupe/regular
green olive bubble leather/ regular
mink/ regular

View attachment 5760976

View attachment 5760977

View attachment 5760978

View attachment 5760979

View attachment 5760980

View attachment 5760981

View attachment 5760982

View attachment 5760983

View attachment 5760985

These are beautiful!! Now I’m going to be on the lookout for a medium sized one in another color… I find I use backpacks more in the summer when I don’t need thick coats!

Just out of curiosity, do you ever connect the bottom dog leash clip to the top? I know some do it for security, but I never do because I love the look of the zipper running top to bottom!

Reactions: mushroomNgrass
Thank you. I have not as of yet, but in a crowded situation, festival/ concert, I might. I find if you put the zipper thru the top D ring, it can’t be pulled down and I’m almost certain you would be able to feel someone trying to get the zipper out. I love the look of zipper without it clipped to the top too. Makes the bag so very unique.

Reactions: elation
There is a thread. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/post-your-rm-julian-backpack-here.995296/

I still have this one (previously posted) but never wear anymore. Just not the easiest to use. I do use the strap on other bags so have kept it.

View attachment 5761451
I actually just got a mini Julian. I readjusted the strap so it’s a shoulder bag because I feel like such a small backpack looks weird on someone my age/size (just my own feelings, looks great on others). But I do like using it as an errand/gym bag!

These are beautiful!! Now I’m going to be on the lookout for a medium sized one in another color… I find I use backpacks more in the summer when I don’t need thick coats!

Just out of curiosity, do you ever connect the bottom dog leash clip to the top? I know some do it for security, but I never do because I love the look of the zipper running top to bottom!
Thank you. I have not as of yet, but in a crowded situation, festival/ concert, I might. I find if you put the zipper thru the top D ring, it can’t be pulled down and I’m almost certain you would be able to feel someone trying to get the zipper out. I love the look of zipper without it clipped to the top too. Makes the bag so very unique.

16144052-4A6A-4B08-911D-06DE77F48A87.jpeg