Any issues with defective soles?

thekimchster

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Everyone-

I am new to this forum, so I hope I have posted in the correct place.

Last week, I was able to score the CL Ambro Lace Peep Toe Pump. I had been eyeing these forever and was so happy when I saw them on sale.

Got the package from the FedEx driver today, and was so disappointed to find that both shoes were defective.

In the area where the sole meets the heel, there are major bumps and ridges. It is not smooth...at all. I compared them to my other CLs, and none of my other pairs had these deformities. It is almost as though someone put a DENT into the shoe itself. Both shoes were like this, but one is clearly more apparent than the other.

I tried taking photos of this, but it is not coming out all that great. I will try to take them later on this evening with another camera.

My question is, have any of you ever experienced this? Am I being too picky? :sad:

I have a pair of VP where I can see/feel it is slightly uneven where the soles meet the heel. I just chalked it up to the shoes being made by hand, so there will always be slight imperfections. Is it just an aesthetic thing, or do they actually feel unstable when you put them on?

Sorry that it took so long for me to post these photos. My camera was out of commission and I just got it fixed. I tried to take these from the best angle to show what I am talking about.

Please let me know your thoughts!

4311493141_debc0967b9.jpg

4312231234_5460e0e897.jpg

4312232298_96196aa994.jpg

*I apologize in advance for the handprints on the patent leather*

oooh.. that doesn't look right, OP. :s where did you buy them from? can you exchange/return them? i've never seen that issue with my CLs before, but i'm not sure if other people have...

These were purchased at BG. When I spoke to the rep on Live Chat, I was told that an exchange would not be possible because it was completely sold out.

So if you're shopping online in the next week or two and see the same shoe in a 37 on BG's site, know to stay away because it will save you a bit of a headache!