Any info on the Saks Black Friday sale?

doublec31

Mar 3, 2006
Pennsylvania!
pretty much what the title says.. I got the flyer but does anyone know any details? It was such a great sale two years ago, still good last year but definitely not that great.

nycbaggirl

Nov 23, 2008
I have not seen the flyer but normally the sale is better in the morning. I think they end the extra 40% off at 11am. I have done well on the mens clothes for my hubby in the past. I don't think they do the extra 40% on handbags and shoes but I could be wrong.

mrsmeck

O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
To me the flyer just seemed to be announcing additional markdowns on things already on sale. If that is so, they had that short sale online a couple of weeks ago, then prices went back up. Their current online sale does not have that much stock.

randr21

Watch "The Cove"
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
saks quarterly numbers are up, that's why they didnt need to discount that much for ff, and i think the black friday sale will follow suit. didn't see any add'l discount for ppl who get to the stores before noon either.

highend

O.G.
Jul 2, 2006
the store has more selection of course, but the online sale on the 25th should be a pretty good indication if it's worth the schlep to the store the following day.

dee

Feb 15, 2006
That sale two years ago was simply amazing! I've not seen one like that since!

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
^I think that sale was the elusive "white whale." We won't be seeing that anytime soon if at all.

*sigh*

Those were the good ol' days.

Jan 27, 2007
West Hollywood, CA
^I think that sale was the elusive "white whale." We won't be seeing that anytime soon if at all.

*sigh*

Those were the good ol' days.
Yeah...the one in Beverly Hills was just fantastic. I thought I misheard when they said EVERYTHING on the 3rd floor was 40% off, plus take an addt'l 40% off.

I did hear that Saks actually got in trouble with the designers for marking their items down so low. I'm going to check out the Saks in SF tomorrow to see if I can pre-sale anything good..