Any ideas what i should wear?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have two weeks left for my black tie event. My sons been nominated for an a award and will be on telly and some newspaper. Unfortunately i have so plump up since christmas which makes me look even smaller. I know i hate being so plump. Urrggghhhh Now i'm finding it difficult to find something to wear that would look good on. I need something to wear that won't make me look like a small and a heavy plum. Something elegant and sofisticated. Tips on accessories and shoes please.

Thanks tPF fashionistas!!!

2. It's a bit hard to suggest something without an idea of your sizing (plump probably means something different to everyone) and what kind of dress you're looking for (floor length? sleeves? sleeveless?)...

3. I agree that it depends on what you are looking for, and your best feature. For example, some people (regardless of size) love their shoulders or legs or middle and they love to accent or show that part off. And what length do you want to go? Full length, cocktail? If you could give us a few tips about what you might like, a lot of ladies here have fabulous suggestions for dresses!

Oh, and you might get more responses in the wardrobe subforum!

4. Thanks mielikki55 and Hautemama
    I think i need knee length for definite not sure about the rest. I think my legs are best feature. I'm now between size 40- 42. I now have a shoulder length bob. My arms aren't my best feature.

I'm moving to the wardrobe subforum. see you there.

5. i would definitely go with a black cocktail dress - try to get something in a matte fabric as this will be more slimming than satin or jersey. A-line is probably the more universally flattering cut (^(oo)^)v

then you can dress up the outfit with accessories, which will draw attention to your slimmest points: fingers, wrists, neck, etc. whatever you find to be your better features, that's what you should accent. if you have elegant hands, a large statement/cocktail ring or sparkly minaudiere would be ideal. if you have a slender neck, perhaps a few pearl strands or a diamond necklace can be used to draw attention to your neck & face

HTH! (^(oo)^)v

6. [​IMG]

I found this online. What do you think? If all goes well I just need some accessories, wrap or shrug and nice shoes with it. Was thinking about adding a fluffy petticoat to make the skirt bigger. Do you think that would be too much?

Thanks LVPiggy, very good tip.

7. ^ that's pretty!! you can always wear a shawl with it too if you get chilly or are subconscious of your arms. you can dress up the waist with a colored belt too. i would probably pass on the petticoat.