Any ideas about why bidder can't BIN for my auction?

bumble1

Aug 12, 2007
I have certain filters placed about unpaid strikes, violations, and non-international shipping, but someone wrote to say that ebay won't let them bid and that none of these apply to them. They have good feedback but only a few in the last 6 months, but that shouldn't matter. I don't have any advice - any ideas? Unless she's not being honest about strikes/etc? Thanks.

milonguera

Apr 24, 2006
Chicago
I don't know that I can answer for sure, but my husband sells used tools on eBay often (he's an engineer and we have a tool shop, etc) and he's had the same thing happen in the past with BIN.

Each time after some back and forth with the prospective bidder his gut told him something was up and didn't mess with it anymore.

So I don't know for sure what the issue actually was, but in each case he just left it alone and didn't sort it out.

Because he sells rather expensive machinery lots of times the bidders are local and are going to arrange delivery themselves so they come and see the machines first.

I wish I had a better answer for you (and about the type of stuff you are selling) but I know this has happened to him at least twice for sure.

Good luck.

bumble1

Aug 12, 2007
Thanks. I don't know what to do from here. Buyer swears she has a clean record, but I don't want to lift any of those restrictions to test and see if her bid goes through, meaning then that she did have negative activity. It's probably not worth it to continue, like you said. If she's telling the truth though, it's very puzzling as to what's going on.

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
If it is a regular auction, just tell her to bid??? Or can she not even bid? Something is wrong here. Tell her she ought to call ebay and straighten it out (if indeed she does have a "clean record" as she claims) and get back with you. It probably is the strike factor. Have you checked her FB at www.toolhaus.org?

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
A few years ago, I found myself unable to bid on something and found that my PP account had become unlinked from ebay... how, why...?? But, once re-linked I was good to go and as not happened since .