Any Hong Kong TVB drama fans?

hmm, i don't think so. Think she's from Hk. Not really sure. Did you know that Astro has a new channel now that airs TVB dramas as the same time as HK? Wish we had it here in oz.

^ Really? Which channel is that? Guess you have to pay additional for it? I've not been home (KL) regularly for a while now (last 2 years). Hubby was doing his masters so hardly any down time for trips home.

Can't believe I stumbled on this thread. Feels like home. I grew up watching TVB series and was crazy over Leslie Cheung and Leon Lai in school. Even when I was doing tertiary studies in Melbourne. My mom is now the canto series queen now, catching all the re-runs on Astro. I wish S'pore had free to air canto series I have to specially subscribe a cable channel just for canto shows. I know I could just rent the video right?

Is the actress in A Kindred Spirit a Malaysian who went to HK to act?

yeah, her name is Cheung Wai Yee.. she hardly acts nowadays though..:smile:

hmm, i don't think so. Think she's from Hk. Not really sure. Did you know that Astro has a new channel now that airs TVB dramas as the same time as HK? Wish we had it here in oz.

There's satellite cable here in Australia called TVBJ which is owned by TVB of course. They show the latest series, shows etc., I don't know if they have it in your state but they offer it in Sydney and Melbourne (I think Brisbane as well maybe?).

Lol. i'm in perth and i don't have jade channel here. =( It cost a bomb to install and fellow housemates don't want to subscribe. We have lousy foxtel though. :yucky:

Cheung Wai Yee is from Malaysia, but she acted as Ah Gwai in kindred spirit as Hoi's wife. I think she's pretty but she hardly acts now as well. And whenever she did act, she has to act as a 'wu li jing'. :P The one that was mentioned was lap sang's wife. Don't think she's from Malaysia and yeah i did heard that Lam Bowie is from Malaysia.

Any idea who else is from Malaysia? At the moment i can only think of Michelle Yeoh though she's not with TVB, i absolutely adorre her.

I guess Cheung Wai Yee has the mistress kind of look, LOL.

I’m not a huge fan of Michelle Yeoh but I truly think she has lifted Malaysia’s name. I like the tourism ad she did to promote Visit Malaysia. She may not be drop dead gorgeous but she is class and elegance. One of the more outstanding Asians in Hollywood, in the good sense.

OT - I feel the M’sian government has done something right for the first time – the Visit Malaysia (Truly Asia) campaign and the adverts are hugely successful. In comparison, the Singapore (Uniquely Singapore) one has not been such a hit. And that’s not because I’m a Malaysian living and working now in Singapore. The India (Incredible India) advert is also well done.

^^ haha , a little OT but has anyone seen the Korean tourism advert? that is good as well :smile:

Yeah, I do agree that cheung wai yee has the 'mistress' look haha..some ppl say 'yi lai seong' but that's kinda mean!

I'm watching Drive of Life at about episode 13 now..so far, I like it..i really like the theme song..!

:smile:

^ Have not seen the Korean one. Will check it out.

歲月風雲 right? Hacken Lee sang the theme song? Is it worth it to rent? Or maybe I should just wait for it to be aired on TVBJ. I have a love hate relationship with chasing after series esp the good ones… so addictive!