Any Harry Potter fans? [blush]

I am a huuuge fan of the books, and I really like the first three movies. While they have to chop it up some to keep a movie around two hours, they did a good job of keeping the details of first three films intact. However, I felt they did a little too much trimming on the fourth film. They definately did not do Rita Skeeter justice, they let almost everything out. :wondering

pidgeon92 said:
I am a huuuge fan of the books, and I really like the first three movies. While they have to chop it up some to keep a movie around two hours, they did a good job of keeping the details of first three films intact. However, I felt they did a little too much trimming on the fourth film. They definately did not do Rita Skeeter justice, they let almost everything out. :wondering

Yeah, they really took a bunch of stuff out. I wish it could be reasonable for them to do longer versions of the films for the hardcore fans. I remember whe GoF was being made and it was said that it would only be around 2 hours long, all the fans were saying that they would happily sit through a 4 or more hour film, just as long as they got intermissions:P.

And yeah, There wasn't enough of Rita in the film to show how horrible she is. Also, they turned Dumbledore into a raving lunatic ("HARRY! DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!"):blink: :P

Love love love Harry Potter! I can't wait for the 7th book and the 5th movie!

Have you read Sorcery and Cecelia? It's sort of like a combination of Harry Potter & Pride and Prejudice. Completely terrific.

LondonBrat said:
I am also a HUGE fan....
I love the books. The movies are ok also but the books are far better. I ctually cried through the last one!

So did I...:shame: I was driving down the Interstate wiping tears from my eyes. My husband still makes fun of me for it...

i've been reading Harry Potter for the last 5 years, and i'm a HUGE fan. i've ready the books many times and can remember every important detail :shame:. i pre-ordered the 5th and 6th books nearly half a year before they were launched because i was afraid i wouldn't be able to get them if i waited. now i'm just dying for the 7th book!

the movies are a bit of a disappointment :cry:, probably because i knew the books back to front. so many significant parts were cut out :evil:, and i'm surprised jk rowling didn't put her foot down and tell the producers which parts should be in the movies.

OMG!!! I can't believe there're so many of you who like it!!! I LOVE it and all my friends think that I'm a geek. :sad: I personally think the books are much better though -- and I have to confess, the 5th and 6th books... I bought in hard cover because I couldn't wait till the paper back came out. :smile:

i havent watched all the movies but my younger sis LOVES the books and the movies...so I have been blackmailed a couple of times to go to the movies when they premiere.

theyre pretty good.

yeuxhonnetes said:
i've been reading Harry Potter for the last 5 years, and i'm a HUGE fan. i've ready the books many times and can remember every important detail :shame:. i pre-ordered the 5th and 6th books nearly half a year before they were launched because i was afraid i wouldn't be able to get them if i waited. now i'm just dying for the 7th book!

the movies are a bit of a disappointment :cry:, probably because i knew the books back to front. so many significant parts were cut out :evil:, and i'm surprised jk rowling didn't put her foot down and tell the producers which parts should be in the movies.

Yeah, If I were JK Rowling, I would be totally freaking out about how much is left out of the movies. She seems to be a really easygoing person though, and she gives the moviemakers some freedom.

I still can't believe she liked the talking shrunken heads in PoA though...those things drove me nuts.