Any (good or bad) thoughts on the Tuileries Besace and the Tuileries tote?

Mousy

May 30, 2015
I'm intrigued by these bags. Any thoughts? If you have one, how's the leather looking? Please post any photos, including photos of you wearing the bag(s).
Thank you!

I had the Besace one for around two weeks. The leather on the handle was peeling, so I returned the bag. However, I'm under the impression it wouldn't be a widespread issue, I think I just had bad luck. The bag is great and super comfortable and easy to use. The leather did seem a little delicate and prone to scratches, though. It also fits a bit less than I had expected, even though it still fits around the same as the Pochette Métis.

I had the Besace one for around two weeks. The leather on the handle was peeling, so I returned the bag. However, I'm under the impression it wouldn't be a widespread issue, I think I just had bad luck. The bag is great and super comfortable and easy to use. The leather did seem a little delicate and prone to scratches, though. It also fits a bit less than I had expected, even though it still fits around the same as the Pochette Métis.

I remember seeing your photos- it really looked good on you. I felt badly for you when you wrote about the peeling.

I'm glad you are having success with your new PM (if I remember correctly).

I have had some misfortunes with a few LV bags and complete success with others. I am somewhat apprehensive to purchase, so I'd appreciate all input from my very vocal fellow tpf'ers.:tup:

P.S: Easily scratched leather totally bothers me on some bags (the sides of a Cluny, for example), but not slouching style bags.

You return a lot of bags!

Reactions: mrsinsyder

What makes you think that, out of curiosity? What did it look like?

I tried on the Besace in the caramel/red combination - i loved the colors in person. However, I didn't like the way the shorter handle seemed to jut out to the side when it was carried buy the longer strap. The SA pointed out that the shorter strap could be folded into the bag, but it took up quite a bit of space in the bag. It would be perfect if the shorter strap could be removed.

I loved the look but didn't like the leather when I touched it. Is it the fabricated leather?

I was told it was treated leather (green khaki part on the top where magnets are). It is super soft leather. Almost has a silky feel to it. I do not find it objectionable. I rather like the softness. The straps are the direct opposite. They are hard and stiff. I hope they soften a bit. The entire bag is slouchy and it's not a huge bag but holds wallet, keys, lipstick, iPad mini, phone.

I remember seeing your photos- it really looked good on you. I felt badly for you when you wrote about the peeling.

I'm glad you are having success with your new PM (if I remember correctly).

I have had some misfortunes with a few LV bags and complete success with others. I am somewhat apprehensive to purchase, so I'd appreciate all input from my very vocal fellow tpf'ers.:tup:

P.S: Easily scratched leather totally bothers me on some bags (the sides of a Cluny, for example), but not slouching style bags.
Thanks for the kind words, @Sourisbrune. I actually exchanged the reverse mono PM for a regular mono one. I saw a picture somewhere around TPF of a reverse mono Mini Palm Springs with color transfer on the back and was terrified I'd have the same issue, since I wear dark clothes (including dark denim) most of the time. There's already a damier azur bag on my wishlist, I didn't want to have to worry about this with two bags, so I ended up with the regular mono one. I just didn't say anything on TPF because after so many issues I just didn't feel like hanging around on the forum much. I haven't used my PM yet, but fortunately it seems to be perfect.

You return a lot of bags!
Oh, believe me, I wish I didn't. I haven't been having good luck at all. Because of that, I just got store credit and am waiting a while before I spend it. I don't feel like doing so right now.

What makes you think that, out of curiosity? What did it look like?
It looked like tiny specks of glue, but this doesn't make sense, because there's no glue on the surface of the handle. It was probably the leather itself peeling, but I seriously don't know. I'm under the impression it won't be a widespread issue because, besides this, there was nothing wrong with the leather or the glazing.
I'd worry about scratches on the Besace, but not on the Hobo, because the Besace rubs a lot against the hips.