Any good ebay detectives out there?

So our favorite seller to watch on ebay sold 35 bags between last Monday (the 7th) and this Tuesday. One or more of those bags may have been to me. I'm wondering if anyone who purchased one (or more) of those bags may have already received it. I was forced to open an INR case and received a reply from the seller telling me not to buy any more of his bags after I receive what I purchased. Apparently he was angry that I opened a case. No tracking, by the way, just a mention of having used FedEx. I'm close enough to this seller that, once a bag is shipped from the seller's location, I would have it in 24-48 hours. One of the feedback he's received mentioned using FedEx, which is the only reason why I'm even remotely hopeful. I have FedEx Delivery Manager and there is no package coming to me anytime soon. It's nice to be on the buyer-side of this transaction because I know that I'll get my money back but I really wanted what I bought. I'm curious if anyone else here who purchased recently has received the item purchased.

So our favorite seller to watch on ebay sold 35 bags between last Monday (the 7th) and this Tuesday. One or more of those bags may have been to me. I'm wondering if anyone who purchased one (or more) of those bags may have already received it. I was forced to open an INR case and received a reply from the seller telling me not to buy any more of his bags after I receive what I purchased. Apparently he was angry that I opened a case. No tracking, by the way, just a mention of having used FedEx. I'm close enough to this seller that, once a bag is shipped from the seller's location, I would have it in 24-48 hours. One of the feedback he's received mentioned using FedEx, which is the only reason why I'm even remotely hopeful. I have FedEx Delivery Manager and there is no package coming to me anytime soon. It's nice to be on the buyer-side of this transaction because I know that I'll get my money back but I really wanted what I bought. I'm curious if anyone else here who purchased recently has received the item purchased.
I purchased 2 items in that time period and opened 2 INR cases today. :/ Another TPFer and I have been messaging each other because she bought an item too and as far as she knows, it hasn't shipped either. You make TPFer #3.

For the 1st item, won 8/7, I messaged the seller 3 times for tracking and no response. I then got sneaky and signed out of my "buyer account" and into my "seller account" and sent a message with a question about an item he was currently selling - he answered me back within the half hour so I quickly signed back into my "buyer account" and messaged him for tracking again....no response. I only did that because I figured he might answer a question if he wanted the sale, plus my imagination was going crazy thinking he was in jail for "dumpster diving" behind Macys or something. I didn't bother messaging him about the 2nd item because why bother?

One of the items he was selling sold 3x; once $250 obo, once to another buyer $200 obo and Ebay removed the listing "item no longer available" and a 3rd time he listed it by editing his last item for sale, which was a khaki crossbody, and put this bag in its place under same item#. Sketchy.

So did you message him before opening the INR and he respond or did he only message you after the INR? I'm curious if I'm the only one he's ignoring because he hasn't even replied to my INR's....

I wonder if he used FedEx Smart Post? That really does take forever, but it's odd he has no tracking. I may still have a chance of getting item #1, but item #2 he relisted and sold again so it's a crapshoot.

I really wanted the items I bought too, so much so that the INR I chose "I want the item" vs "I want a refund" uggghhh all the red flags and we don't care.

I purchased 2 items in that time period and opened 2 INR cases today. :/ Another TPFer and I have been messaging each other because she bought an item too and as far as she knows, it hasn't shipped either. You make TPFer #3.

For the 1st item, won 8/7, I messaged the seller 3 times for tracking and no response. I then got sneaky and signed out of my "buyer account" and into my "seller account" and sent a message with a question about an item he was currently selling - he answered me back within the half hour so I quickly signed back into my "buyer account" and messaged him for tracking again....no response. I only did that because I figured he might answer a question if he wanted the sale, plus my imagination was going crazy thinking he was in jail for "dumpster diving" behind Macys or something. I didn't bother messaging him about the 2nd item because why bother?

One of the items he was selling sold 3x; once $250 obo, once to another buyer $200 obo and Ebay removed the listing "item no longer available" and a 3rd time he listed it by editing his last item for sale, which was a khaki crossbody, and put this bag in its place under same item#. Sketchy.

So did you message him before opening the INR and he respond or did he only message you after the INR? I'm curious if I'm the only one he's ignoring because he hasn't even replied to my INR's....

I wonder if he used FedEx Smart Post? That really does take forever, but it's odd he has no tracking. I may still have a chance of getting item #1, but item #2 he relisted and sold again so it's a crapshoot.

I messaged him on Saturday and he did not respond (two purchases were Tuesday and Thursday). Messaged him again on Monday and he told me that the package had been returned for insufficient postage and he would send again. I know that NO label for the USPS was made for me online. Ebay would show if he did it there. My USPS dashboard would show if it were done on USPS.com. Nothing. I messaged him again on Tuesday (expected delivery date was Monday for both items) and no response. I opened the INRs late in the day on Tuesday and he responded within two minutes. So, same pattern of ignoring questions about shipping. I'm so annoyed--one bag was a bag my daughter admired in the store and I was going to give it to her for her birthday next month. Somewhat relieved, though, to see it's not just me. Looks like the whole thing is blowing up.

I messaged him on Saturday and he did not respond (two purchases were Tuesday and Thursday). Messaged him again on Monday and he told me that the package had been returned for insufficient postage and he would send again. I know that NO label for the USPS was made for me online. Ebay would show if he did it there. My USPS dashboard would show if it were done on USPS.com. Nothing. I messaged him again on Tuesday (expected delivery date was Monday for both items) and no response. I opened the INRs late in the day on Tuesday and he responded within two minutes. So, same pattern of ignoring questions about shipping. I'm so annoyed--one bag was a bag my daughter admired in the store and I was going to give it to her for her birthday next month. Somewhat relieved, though, to see it's not just me. Looks like the whole thing is blowing up.
yeah, I have a feeling Ebay is about to NARU him.

I will say that when I had to do the SNAD on the beat up rogue tote, the label he sent me to use to return was completely sketchy. The "from" was someone in another state and it was for a medium flat rate box. I told him to fit in a flat rate, I would have to seriously cram it in there and he said "it's ok, just cram it!" When I went to reuse the unbranded box that he originally sent the bag in, I pulled off the label he used and it was a large flat rate postage label. Maybe he ran into USPS issues and had to go the FedEx route?

I'm pretty sure that since he hasn't even answered any of my messages that on the 23rd I'll have to escalate for a refund. I wonder if Ebay will reissue the $15 off $30 coupons they sent me that I used on those items? You would probably have to pay me more than that though to get me to call Ebay and deal with their customer no-service.

I have a bad feeling that since he doesn't seem to have tracking and he has a lot of INR's open against him that if he did actually send the items, he could be in trouble if he gets dishonest buyers.

Just got his 4th negative feedback (not from me). Seems we aren't the only ones not getting our items.

Eta, make that his 5th negative. One was for the rogue tote I returned so the buyer is actually lucky they didn't get it because the inside was really bad.

Last edited:
I'm the other PF'er that @holiday123 has been conversing with ... I'm expecting a bag, hasn't arrived yet. was bought on 8/7. I'm really really hoping it arrives.

The listing said it will be delivered by 8/21, so mine still has a few days. And the person who bought it is not around computers at the moment, so I'm not sure if there is any tracking. They asked over last weekend for tracking, and never got a reply before they were offline on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed. I know my auntie will get her money back if it doesn't come through, but I'd much, much rather have the bag.

Reactions: holiday123
I'm the other PF'er that @holiday123 has been conversing with ... I'm expecting a bag, hasn't arrived yet. was bought on 8/7. I'm really really hoping it arrives.

The listing said it will be delivered by 8/21, so mine still has a few days. And the person who bought it is not around computers at the moment, so I'm not sure if there is any tracking. They asked over last weekend for tracking, and never got a reply before they were offline on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed. I know my auntie will get her money back if it doesn't come through, but I'd much, much rather have the bag.
I think we'd all much rather have our bags - even if they take a while, but a little communication from the seller would go a long way.

I wonder what is going on with the seller? He must have had the items at some point to get pictures (unless he stole ALL of them from another site) so I wonder why he's dropping the ball in shipping them?

With all the speculation on dumpster diving, thought I'd chime in with my two cents. As far as the Coach outlets go, that's not a possibility, unless they've changed their procedures in the last couple years. Any bags that were returned that were deemed defective would all get piled into big plastic bags. They would sit there until the district manager came in, and then that person would go through them and cut them up with a box cutter. We would take off the hangtags and keep those for replacements for customers. The dumpsters were those kind that compact all the garbage, so by the time those bags got in there, they were destroyed and you really couldn't get them at them.

That being said, if an employee decided to take something, that's entirely possible, as they would just take it out before the manager came to destroy them, because it wasn't that often that they came in. They would have to have someone like a manager in on it, because they would look in your bags when you left to make sure you weren't stealing anything. Damaged merchandise was never officially offered to anyone, so it wasn't a perk that the employees got or anything like that. Even if you wanted something, they wouldn't let you buy it, it had to be destroyed. They said they didn't want that merchandise finding its way to the marketplace, because it would damage the brand. Each item had a tag that listed what was wrong with it, and occasionally if an item was deemed "not too bad" it would find its way to a shelf to be sold "as is". The only problem with that is that they aren't marked, and there were instances where people would buy a flawed item, then go and return it to another store without a receipt (the receipts were marked final sale, but not the bags) and get a replacement without flaws.

Well, talked to the person who was buying a bag for me, and she said she'd been trying for ten days to get a tracking number. No luck, no proof of being sent, no delivery. He'll have another case opened against him if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, which is the last day it was expected to arrive.

His account seemed to be skimpy on condition details, but seemed to be real items and they got sent ... I'm so curious what happened that no one is getting their bags all of a sudden? And I'm curious if this happened to all of us who bought those last 35 bags ...

Well, talked to the person who was buying a bag for me, and she said she'd been trying for ten days to get a tracking number. No luck, no proof of being sent, no delivery. He'll have another case opened against him if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, which is the last day it was expected to arrive.

His account seemed to be skimpy on condition details, but seemed to be real items and they got sent ... I'm so curious what happened that no one is getting their bags all of a sudden? And I'm curious if this happened to all of us who bought those last 35 bags ...
I can't even guess what happened with him. He must have had the items in order to photograph so not sure why they were not sent.

I know another person was told that item was returned for insufficient postage. Either that was also a lie, or he is clueless how to ship all of a sudden. His first 20 or so transactions were fine, maybe he tried to find a cheaper shipping alternative? FedEx smart post is cheap and super slow, but there is tracking so you'd think he'd upload it if that's the case.

It's a mystery and I can't believe with 8 negative feedbacks, who knows how many INR cases, no tracking or communication, ebay is still making me wait until the 23rd for a refund.!

I just spoke with ebay CS and was told that decisions are made and refunds issued 24-48 hours after a return request is escalated to ebay. I escalated my two requests about 6am EST today and was told that I should have the money by Wednesday by the latest. At that point, it's over two weeks that the seller would have had my money,

I just spoke with ebay CS and was told that decisions are made and refunds issued 24-48 hours after a return request is escalated to ebay. I escalated my two requests about 6am EST today and was told that I should have the money by Wednesday by the latest. At that point, it's over two weeks that the seller would have had my money,
Darn, I have to wait for the 23rd to escalate.

I just received a pm from another "victim" of bagsforsale2017. She found this site by googling the seller. She had 4 positive transactions so purchased more and nothing, no bag, no communication. He used the same excuse with her that they were returned for insufficient postage and he was re-sending. He told her to close the INR cases and she did! PayPal won't let her open a case, so I hope she posts on here for advice or that she at least used a credit card so she dispute through them.

I will say that I purchased and received right before the flow of negatives began to roll in that mine arrived late, via USPS. When I inquired about tracking the Friday before the Monday It was to arrive, he sent me an screenshot showing it was just scanned in at the local facility as he had it picked up at his location (House? Apartment? I can't remember.) where they didn't give him a scan/receipt. So maybe because he is doing it that method, where they aren't checking postage weight he is running into issues? or Maybe USPS told him to stop mailing through them for insufficient postage?

Sorry you ladies aren't getting any response :sad: