Where to sell / consign Chanel

Hi! I’m trying to clean up my closet a bit and trying to sell some of the bags I haven’t even touched!

I’d like to make back the retail price I paid for them. Is there a good fb group or forum on here that I can sell directly instead of consigning?

Hi, this is my first post.. I've been a member for a few years but have never had the courage to post. I am looking for advice on the best online consignment company or individual to work with to sell two of my Chanel bags. I don't feel I have the savvy to sell them myself (I get too worried reading about eBay scammers claiming a return but then not sending the bag back, and I just don't want to deal with that stress). Companies like TRR and FP don't seem quite right for me either. I know there are plenty of luxury consignors on Instagram and facebook but I just don't have experience with them and am a bit overwhelmed trying to work it all out and avoid scams. I would say my three most important factors would be: 1. Audience they have (the bigger their reach and market the better my chances), 2. Their consignment rate (I want them to be motivated to sell it, but I'm not looking to give up 30% for example), and 3. Easy to work with and trustworthy.. I just don't know the process, would I send pics? Or send the bags? That makes me quite nervous :S. And then when and how do I collect the money? Etc

Thank you all very much in advance!

Hi. I also have the same concerns that you mentioned (getting scammed--too much risk selling it online myself, I feel) so I generally do best selling at a consignment store in the city that advertises itself. The other option I would consider is Yoogi's Closet. They will give you an offer of a straight buyout or an option to consign with them. Good luck--I hope this helps.

Reactions: DChanel
Hi, this is my first post.. I've been a member for a few years but have never had the courage to post. I am looking for advice on the best online consignment company or individual to work with to sell two of my Chanel bags. I don't feel I have the savvy to sell them myself (I get too worried reading about eBay scammers claiming a return but then not sending the bag back, and I just don't want to deal with that stress). Companies like TRR and FP don't seem quite right for me either. I know there are plenty of luxury consignors on Instagram and facebook but I just don't have experience with them and am a bit overwhelmed trying to work it all out and avoid scams. I would say my three most important factors would be: 1. Audience they have (the bigger their reach and market the better my chances), 2. Their consignment rate (I want them to be motivated to sell it, but I'm not looking to give up 30% for example), and 3. Easy to work with and trustworthy.. I just don't know the process, would I send pics? Or send the bags? That makes me quite nervous :S. And then when and how do I collect the money? Etc

Thank you all very much in advance!

Hi, I'm interested in why you think TRR and FP aren't right for you. I've determined they aren't right for me and opt to sell on my own, but it is a huge burden and can become stressful or take a long time. FP has always sent me (IMO) very low offers relative to the worth of the bag. I'm usually able to get at least 30-40% higher than what they offered me, but it does take longer. If you're looking for an easy and trustworthy experience that will be quick, I'd send it to one of the resale sites (FP, Yoogis as mentioned above). I share your concerns about online consignment, so if you don't go with one of the resale sites, I'd recommend you try to sell it on your own for a few weeks then revisit if you haven't gotten any interest. Good luck!

Ugh seriously FASHIONPHILE is seriously only one. I decided to go with the RR. I’m not sure If it was Covid, 4th of July or what. It was a disaster. Crazy the items I thought they would take like brand new Herve Leger dress and Christian Louboutins I wore once they didn’t. I swear better off selling stuff on Posh. I know it’s a pain but it’s all same. They purposely mark up 20 percent not posh the RR it’s just a waste. Now they are shipping back stuff I could have easily sold. I’ve never seen any place else buyout