Food Any good brown rice recipes?

I've eaten rice all my life and have just in the last couple of years begun to incorporate brown rice in the rotation. While I've discovered that I prefer the nutty flavor of short grain brown rice, I still think its dense texture overpowers my side dishes. The recipe below is .
This is so true, for me. I find long grain too mush and prefer short grain, but it can be very dense!

here's a black bean and brown rice brown casserole that's a hit.

~1/3 cup brown rice
~1 cup vegetable broth
~1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
~1/3 cup chopped onion
~2 small zucchini, or 1 medium sized zucchini thinly sliced
~2 cooked skinless boneless chicken breast halves, (in your case, exclude this b/c your son is a vegetarian) chopped
~1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
~1/2 tsp cumin
~ pinch of salt to taste
~ground cayenne pepper to taste
~1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained
~1 can (4 ounce) diced green chile peppers, drained
~1/3 cup shredded carrots
~2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

here are the steps:
1. Put rice and veggie broth in pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.

2. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a large sized casserole dish w/pam or cooking oil.

3. Heat olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Cook onions for 3 minutes. Add chicken, zuccini and mushrooms.

4. put all the other ingredients into a large bowl and mix. then transfer to casserole dish and put in oven for 20 minutes w/a piece of foil loosely covered. then uncover for 10 minutes and bake until brown.

Hope you enjoy!!

I like to mix brown and wild rice together. I throw it in the oven with some broth and some butter (or margarine). After an hour, when it's ready, I add freshly ground pepper and a bit of grated cheese. Yum!!!

I used to always eat white rice and hated brown rice! But then I started eating brown rice and I just don't eat white rice now anymore unless I'm at a restaurant and order Thai or Chinese food.

My boyfriend's brother's girlfriend is a Chinese girl and she made us this amazing rice dish one night when she cooked for us. She chopped up some fine green beans into small pieces, some scallions, green chillis, put them all into a wok with some extra virign olive oil, then once they were cooked, she added in the cooked rice and stired it all up together, added some dark soy sauce, cooked it for a few mins and added some sea salt to taste.

It is super super tasty! Yum yum.

Apparantly it's a traditional dish from the area that she's from. She also made other dishes that night too (the most amazing stirfry beef dish I have ever tasted) but that's probably for another thread (since this is rice only!)

I like to put chopped onions and carrots (or any other veggies), salt and pepper, and low sodium soy sauce in mine and fry it in a skillet! Delicious!!!