Any FOOLPROOF way to avoid INR?

Shan2

FOS stalker
Apr 5, 2013
Never sold handbags on eBay but will have to start soon (hubby not happy with my collection). All NWT, probably all will be BIN, mailing within the U.S, and not in super hurry to have them all sold.

As a newbie I can't help but become paranoid after reading about sellers losing INR claims. I didn't know it was possible to be scammed out of hundreds of $$ on eBay! :wtf: I use to thought insuring items to the full value and signature is safe enough, but apparently not! :amazed: Can you experienced eBayer please tell me what's my best bet as foolproofing my future listings? Thank you so much for your time!

$50 BIN NWT wristlet etc -- USPS or UPS or Fedex? Add Insurance + Signature + what else?
$100 BIN NWT handbag?
$200 BIN NWT handbag?
$300 BIN NWT handbag?

You read about the horror stories on here. The vast majority of sales go without a hitch so no need to be overly worried. For domestic shipping all the carriers you mentioned are good choices. Pick whichever one is most convenient for you. As long as you have online tracking, you are protected against an INR. Some sellers use signature on almost everything. Some don't. None of the items you listed require signature for you to be protected, so it is up to you - your buyer also may have a preference depending on their situation.

I rarely buy insurance when I am dealing with a trusted recipient but on ebay sales insurance is a good idea. Sometimes the tracking doesn't update that and that leaves an unethical buyer the opening to leave a bogus INR.

I use some investigative techniques too. If someone lives in an apartment or a huge tower building or uses an office address, I add signature. I don't think I have ever had anyone complain but it could happen. You could put something in your listing that signature may be required.

I haven't sold anything for a while but when I do, I usually purchase "signature confirmation" for items that sold for more than $100 whoever carrier I use. And I mention in my listings. Because some people don't like to sign signature when it doesn't match to their convenience. (ex. cannot be home at the time of delivery).
Fortunately INS never happened to me as a seller but I've had online purchases been delivered to wrong addresses in the past and I was able to locate them with the record of signature.

Delivery confirmation alone is OK to protect yourself if a item was sold for under $250(still? please correct me if they've changed the requirement).
I just want to avoid bitter transactions.

I haven't sold anything for a while but when I do, I usually purchase "signature confirmation" for items that sold for more than $100 whoever carrier I use. And I mention in my listings. Because some people don't like to sign signature when it doesn't match to their convenience. (ex. cannot be home at the time of delivery).
Fortunately INS never happened to me as a seller but I've had online purchases been delivered to wrong addresses in the past and I was able to locate them with the record of signature.

Delivery confirmation alone is OK to protect yourself if a item was sold for under $250(still? please correct me if they've changed the requirement).
I just want to avoid bitter transactions.
SC isn't required for <$750.