Any Experience Shortening Sweet Bracelet?

jnguyen6

Apr 13, 2015
Hi! Does anyone any any experience shortening sweet bracelets? I just purchased a sweet butterfly bracelet and have an appt to shorten it since my wrist size is 14 cm. I don't want it to be too short because the chain is so delicate and already hard to put on.

Would appreciate any insight!

Reactions: hhw
I have the same question! @jnguyen6 have you had your appointment yet? I want to wear mine on the longest setting with enough room to slide around just a bit.
Hi! Does anyone any any experience shortening sweet bracelets? I just purchased a sweet butterfly bracelet and have an appt to shorten it since my wrist size is 14 cm. I don't want it to be too short because the chain is so delicate and already hard to put on.

Would appreciate any insight!

I have the same question! @jnguyen6 have you had your appointment yet? I want to wear mine on the longest setting with enough room to slide around just a bit.
Hi, yes! I had my appt this past Tuesday with a great SA. She measured my wrist which is about 14cm/5.5in and we decided to remove 1 inch since I want to wear it tight (so the motif doesn't move around) with some wiggle room. The bracelet is 17cm/6.69in to the shortest loop so it would give me a smidge under 0.5 inch of extra length. The extender provides about an extra 0.5in so something to consider if you want to wear it on the longest. I personally like the dainty/feminine touch the extender adds when it dangles!

On a side note, I mentioned to my SA about how it's such a hassle to take off/put on the bracelet when showering since the MOP shouldn't be exposed to water/detergent and shortening the bracelet will make it even more difficult. She told me that from her experience, shrinkage and loss of luster would take years if it's just water/soap. She pulled out a chart and showed me if that occurs, they can replace the sweet MOP for $120. Honestly, for that price, I'm going to probably never take it off once I get it back from shortening.

Hope that helps!

I didn't get my bracelet shortened but I did either get an o-ring added or moved - maybe an extender added? (it's been so long, probably 9 years ago, so can't remember) so I have the ability to wear it loose or tight, depending on my mood. Also, that was my thinking as well re: replacing the stone if it gets damaged! The cost is kind of excessive but also reasonable by VCA standards :lol:

Reactions: dbcelly
I didn't get my bracelet shortened but I did either get an o-ring added or moved - maybe an extender added? (it's been so long, probably 9 years ago, so can't remember) so I have the ability to wear it loose or tight, depending on my mood. Also, that was my thinking as well re: replacing the stone if it gets damaged! The cost is kind of excessive but also reasonable by VCA standards :lol:
Lol, agreed! Is it bad that I thought $120 to replace one sweet MOP is cheap? :giggle:

Hi, yes! I had my appt this past Tuesday with a great SA. She measured my wrist which is about 14cm/5.5in and we decided to remove 1 inch since I want to wear it tight (so the motif doesn't move around) with some wiggle room. The bracelet is 17cm/6.69in to the shortest loop so it would give me a smidge under 0.5 inch of extra length. The extender provides about an extra 0.5in so something to consider if you want to wear it on the longest. I personally like the dainty/feminine touch the extender adds when it dangles!

On a side note, I mentioned to my SA about how it's such a hassle to take off/put on the bracelet when showering since the MOP shouldn't be exposed to water/detergent and shortening the bracelet will make it even more difficult. She told me that from her experience, shrinkage and loss of luster would take years if it's just water/soap. She pulled out a chart and showed me if that occurs, they can replace the sweet MOP for $120. Honestly, for that price, I'm going to probably never take it off once I get it back from shortening.

Hope that helps!
Thank you for the info!!! Super helpful. I‘m going to have more q’s for you. I’ve been measuring my own wrist and trying to decide if I should try to do this over phone or actually find the time to go to store ...

Reactions: jnguyen6
i was actually wondering if they could add an extender to my necklace! There are currently two hoops (length options) on the necklace (and bracelet, if we’re trying to stick to thread topic)... so it sounds like they added a third hoop to yours?

i was actually wondering if they could add an extender to my necklace! There are currently two hoops (length options) on the necklace (and bracelet, if we’re trying to stick to thread topic)... so it sounds like they added a third hoop to yours?

Thanks for clarifying! I guess I don’t have the extender and just had the o-ring moved rather than shortening. It was at the suggestion of my SA, so I could wear it loose or snug! (Ended up being useful for when I gained weight :giggle:)

Thanks for clarifying! I guess I don’t have the extender and just had the o-ring moved rather than shortening. It was at the suggestion of my SA, so I could wear it loose or snug! (Ended up being useful for when I gained weight :giggle:)
ohh got it! Thanks for sharing and good to know this is an option!

Having 3 o-rings would be great but I guess 2 o-rings should be enough length options.

Reactions: kohl_mascara
Thank you for the info!!! Super helpful. I‘m going to have more q’s for you. I’ve been measuring my own wrist and trying to decide if I should try to do this over phone or actually find the time to go to store ...
Np! I'll give an update once I get it back from the shop!

I've never done a length alteration over the phone but I highly recommend going in store if you can. And as for pendant lengthening, I've done this once with a sweet pendant. The SA gave me the option of an additional 1 in vs 2 in. I chose the former and they just moved the 2 o-rings down.

I’ve shortened all 3 of mine and kept the jump ring on two of them. Since I haven’t lived near my SA, I send a photo of the bracelet next to a bracelet that’s the perfect length as well as a measuring tape also laying flat in the middle so they can see the right length.

Np! I'll give an update once I get it back from the shop!

I've never done a length alteration over the phone but I highly recommend going in store if you can. And as for pendant lengthening, I've done this once with a sweet pendant. The SA gave me the option of an additional 1 in vs 2 in. I chose the former and they just moved the 2 o-rings down.
Hi @jnguyen6 , how are you liking your shortened bracelet? I'm debating how much to shorten mine by!

I shortened my 5 motif rose gold and gillhoche and the SAs are very very knowledgeable on this stuff. She measured my wrists and I was a little skeptical in the beginning but she was right. So, I would follow her guidance and leave some room for your wrist movements and you should be fine. Good luck!!!!