Selling to Rebag

Prsntmmnt

Handbag newbie
May 13, 2012
Hi - I submitted my barely used 2011 python Lady Dior for a quote on Rebagg and the offer seems low, but it is guaranteed. Does anyone have anyone have a recommendation or experience with ebay or a consignment store like Heritage Auctions? This will be the first bag I've sold.

Rebagg is HORRIBLE with their prices. Almost offensive. Every time I've submitted a Chanel to them, they are like rock bottom degrading bad with their quotes. Have you tried Fashionphile? They are not AWESOME by any stretch but you should at least get 50% of the retail if not more? Yoogi's is also super low. Ebay, be careful, it's infested with snakes. And plenty of good consignors out there, but you will just have to wait for your $$ a bit longer. TheRealReal does a pretty good job of their quotes on exotics. Good luck to you!

In my experience, Ann's Fabulous Finds is the best for good value quotes. rebagg is horrible. Fashionphile and Yoogi's aren't much better.

I have sold over 100 bags over the past 7-8 years (I was refining and upgrading my collection) and do it myself on eBay, Tradesy, Vestiaire Collection and Poshmark. I don't Find any one to be better than another. I post every bag on all because you never know where "your" buyer will be looking.

There are a lot of horror stories about selling yourself. But, it's the best way to make the most out of your bag. And I have only had one issue in all those sales that ultimately was settled to my satisfaction and that was through Facebook/PayPal (never again)

Good luck.

Reactions: SherwoodMom
REBAGG IS HORRIBLE! They sent a bag back and couldn't give me a direct reason why they was sending back. Beware I seen comments saying they keep the real bag and sends back fakes and I hope they send me my right bag back! I like Yoogi's Closet and have sold on Tradesy and sold my things pretty fast.

Rebag is terrible!!! The quotes, when you can even get them, are offensively low for mint condition bags. I submitted a couple Hermes bags a few weeks ago and they quoted me 1/3 of what the other sites did. My jaw hit the floor when I saw them. I don't think they are even well versed on many of the designers they supposedly accept. I had to point out some things to them that they didn't even know about the styles I submitted. A joke and I won't even waste my time anymore.

I sold to Rebag despite the low payment and the payment that they sent me bounced. I’m shocked and I sincerely hope that it gets resolved ASAP. I went with Rebag since they seemed like a big company that was somewhat reputable. Seller beware.

• Wow
Reactions: Sparkletastic
One word of advice regardless of the where you sell is to make the buyer aware that state sales tax may be charged by the platform. Ebay just started doing this due to new changes in the law as of Oct 2019 but they don't do a good job of notifying people and I've lost sales because people freak out having to pay sales tax. I also just found out the hard way that Ebay will allow the buyer to return something for ANY reason (a "no returns" policy is basically worthless). All the buyer has to do is claim something is "not as described" and provide no proof, and no matter how much proof you have as a seller that it IS as described, they will require you to accept the return. Their customer service rep specifically told me "We want to encourage buyers to use the platform so we make it as easy as possible for them."

Tradesy is better in this regard as they will accept the return themselves for store credit and you still get to keep your funds unless there is proof the item is not authentic, but it takes FOREVER to get paid out from them. Each platform has its plusses and minuses, but Ebay has been particularly difficult to deal with lately...

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
Anyone have a similar experience with Rebag?

I tried for the first time and am incredibly pissed. I got an automatic quote through their "robot", accepted the quote, and shipped the item immediately. Weeks later, they finally received and evaluated it and are not accepting it and gave me an incredibly vague "reason": Not within our internal guidelines

My item (Dior Visor) was brand new with tags, box, dust bag, etc.
I'm pissed I went through all this and am worried they're going to pull some funny business and send back my item incomplete or damaged. I sent in the EXACT item I got an approved quote for in BRAND NEW condition and they still declined it?!

I sold to Rebag despite the low payment and the payment that they sent me bounced. I’m shocked and I sincerely hope that it gets resolved ASAP. I went with Rebag since they seemed like a big company that was somewhat reputable. Seller beware.
Did this ever get resolved? I'm concerned they're pulling something shady with my item. I decided to sell despite the low payment as well.

Did this ever get resolved? I'm concerned they're pulling something shady with my item. I decided to sell despite the low payment as well.
Hi! So did rebag end up purchasing your item after they said its not within their internal guidelines? They just said that to items I sent to them as well so thats why I'm wondering.