Any Deals on AT&T's BlackBerry Bold w/ New Contract??

smallbag

Oct 1, 2007
Hi Ladies, I'm coming to all of you because I'm desperate for this phone but I haven't been able to find any deals. Does AT&T even off deals?? I'm willing to sign a new 2 year contract...I've searched high and low so if somebody could help me out I would be SO grateful!! Thank you!

smallbag

Oct 1, 2007
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions!!

Has anybody ever purchased a phone plan from Amazon? Are there any catches? I'm asking because $50 for the bold is REALLY cheap. I actually found the Bold for free after rebate from walmart.letstalk and the customer service rep from AT&T felt really strong that I didn't purchase from letstalk because they make you sign a separate contract and it's really tough to get your money back with the rebate.

smallbag

Oct 1, 2007
^ I did not call Amazon as I thought it would be counterintuitive to ask their reps if there's anything shady going on with their deals. I'm assuming any good employee would speak for the company they work for, especially when talking to a customer. I will most likely call AT&T in the morning and get their opinion on purchasing from Amazon, although they may not even be 100% honest with me if they want my commission.

I actually googled problems with purchasing phones from Amazon.com and it seems like there's just a couple of angry customers that had bad experiences. For the most part, the majority of the reviews on Amazon is for the phone itself and not for the service provided by Amazon. I just wanted to see if any tPFers have had experience (whether it was good or bad) in buying phone plans from Amazon.

Pgw

Jan 5, 2009
if you're a student, AT&T gives student discounts. i heard that from a friend of mine though, so i'm not sure what the process is.

alermy

Aug 28, 2006
I always upgrade my phones (ATT) through amazon. I purchased BB bold through them last Oct when it was $150 w/ two year contract. I got my rebate on time. no problems at all. good luck!