Any Bvlgari / Bulgari wearers out there?

I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves. I haven’t pulled up the numbers, but I can’t imagine Bulgari being anywhere close to Cartier or VCA with jewelry sales. I’d be curious if someone with a marketing background could explain this. Are they raising prices to gate keep to establish themselves as a superior brand from its competitors? They are clearly trying to price people out.

Reactions: Raktasa and SDC2003
I think they are getting a little ahead of themselves. I haven’t pulled up the numbers, but I can’t imagine Bulgari being anywhere close to Cartier or VCA with jewelry sales. I’d be curious if someone with a marketing background could explain this. Are they raising prices to gate keep to establish themselves as a superior brand from its competitors? They are clearly trying to price people out.
Imo I think they couldn’t keep up with the demand. During the pandemic I saw a deluge of people on social media wearing serpenti lines - many of them just flexers. I think bulgari didn’t like it so they’ve upped the prices so much that only the wealthy can really afford it now. At 40k it’s tough to swallow for even some of the wc professions. I don’t think raising these prices makes them anymore exclusive given the number of people who already have these items. Maybe they think over time they will have the exclusivity but even the rich aren’t stupid. Plus they’re after much more these days. Anyone with money can buy a bangle or bag or whatever.

What I find curious is the huge price differential between pave/demi/non-pave. Definitely feel they’re keeping non-pave as an “entry” level option. I noticed the serpenti bracelets only went up slightly at this level. But compare it to the full pave, WOWEE. What also makes me scratch my head is the pricing on the demi…it seems like SUCH a leap in price to add like .3 carats. I mean, I understand it requires more workmanship, but THAT much? I guess it’s that idea of, this is the option for those that don’t want to “appear” cheap and order the non-pave…but clearly don’t have 10’s of thousands for full pave.

I bought the full pave bracelet for ~$24,000 in 2021, can't imagine the price was raised by 50% in only three years.. Granted it's a stunning and delicate piece, and Serpenti is the brand's signature line.. but now.. it's just difficult to swallow the price. I would go for Cartier or some other fine/high jewelry for that kind of money 🤷‍♀️
That’s how I feel. I love serpenti but it didn’t feel solid or the same quality as the juc pave or love pave.

Reactions: SDC2003
Imo I think they couldn’t keep up with the demand. During the pandemic I saw a deluge of people on social media wearing serpenti lines - many of them just flexers. I think bulgari didn’t like it so they’ve upped the prices so much that only the wealthy can really afford it now. At 40k it’s tough to swallow for even some of the wc professions. I don’t think raising these prices makes them anymore exclusive given the number of people who already have these items. Maybe they think over time they will have the exclusivity but even the rich aren’t stupid. Plus they’re after much more these days. Anyone with money can buy a bangle or bag or whatever.
This would make sense. Admittedly, I didn’t know about Bulgari’s Jewelry until seeing it on others online. Funny enough, I rarely see their Serpenti pieces outside of the luxury influencer context. I think they’re moving way too fast too soon with these price changes. At least their service is great, though!

Reactions: SDC2003