Any Brahmin lovers? Post here!

I just found this little lovely on the Last Act table at Macy's! Another right place at the right time score. It's the Priscilla Pink Ellora Satchel. I have been very curious about this style. It seems roomy inside. Glad I am able to "try" a style at a reasonable price point.
View attachment 3734428

That's a beautiful bag. Let us know how the size works for you. It looks too small for me but I haven't seen one in person.

I actually really like Brahmin bags. They're beautiful. I was out yesterday and saw a huge section of Brahmin bags. I was surprised at how
very, very pretty they are. Stunning. What I like about them is that there is something for everyone. They are not stuck in one particular style.

Reactions: Butterdaisy
Hey new friends. This is my first time posting here so it's nice to meet you all. Ok first of all, I'm a LV girl. With that said, I now have 2 Brahmins I'm wanting to sell and I have no idea what style they are. Please help me. Xoxoxo

Attachments

• IMG_2544.JPG
    IMG_2544.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_2547.JPG
    IMG_2547.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_2555.JPG
    IMG_2555.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 454
Hey new friends. This is my first time posting here so it's nice to meet you all. Ok first of all, I'm a LV girl. With that said, I now have 2 Brahmins I'm wanting to sell and I have no idea what style they are. Please help me. Xoxoxo
Welcome! Sorry, I can't help you identify the bag. I've seen it before but I'm just not familiar with older Brahmins.

View attachment 3674014 I happened upon this Brahmin bag on sale at Dillard's. It is the Duxbury medium Satchel. Also found the matching credit card wallet. My comfort zone is black and brown bags but I have been wanting a bag with color. This bag caught my eye both in style and color. The color is Cherry Tree. It leans red with pomegranate mixed in. Very pretty. I wear a lot of blacks and grays. I am new to Brahmin but, wow, what a nicely made bag! Should I keep this bag?

View attachment 3674012

I hope you kept it! It's a beautiful color and will look great with blacks and grays.

I recently found new brand (to me) called Milli Millu. They have great looking leather bags manufactured in Spain with materials from Spain and Italy. They come in an array of gorgeous colors. They don't have a U.S. website, but international orders over 200 pounds (sorry, not sure of conversion rate) ship free. They are in the Brahmin price range. Since I don't own one I can't speak to the quality.

Also, Longchamp (my personal fave in this price range) is very French-chic. You DO see them quite often, but queens and the Duchess of Cambridge also carry them. They're perfect for travel and I feel like they are affordable luxury. Their leather bags are much higher priced than the serviceable nylon/leather Le Pliage, but you can't beat anything in this brand for quality/value/style. They are a family owned business. They use the same leather and tanneries as Hermes and Louis Vuitton. I used one in high school/college as my school bag. Now I use the Le Pliage Expandable Travel Bag (in black nylon) as my personal item when flying. It's lightweight and can hold my neck pillow, 3-1-1 bag, make up bag, a small leather crossbody, passport/card wallet, snacks, water bottle, IPad Pro, cords and chargers, and other inflight essentials (while still meeting United's size guidelines for personal items!). I think that bag only retailed for around $250. It folds down to the size of a largish sized book when I'm not using it. PLUS their bags come in many colors and patterns! Highly recommend!!

I first started my 'grown-up' handbag collection with Brahmins before branching out to the more high end designers. Brahmins used to be really well made, but I feel like the quality isn't what it used to be. Like you, I am now seeing Brahmin bags everywhere, though not quite as often as MK. I have bags in both brands that have stood the test of time, and I still love wearing them, but they really are EVERYWHERE.

It's funny to me, even though I like some MK bags, I cringe when I see so many around. Yet, when I see someone with a Brahmin, I feel like my dog on a walk, "ooh, she has a Brahmin! Sniff, sniff, sniff."

It's funny to me, even though I like some MK bags, I cringe when I see so many around. Yet, when I see someone with a Brahmin, I feel like my dog on a walk, "ooh, she has a Brahmin! Sniff, sniff, sniff."

Sounds a bit like me too.
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji5]

I saw my first Brahmin out in public today!! I made a point of complimenting the owner (it truly was a beautiful bag) and she said she had received as a gift from her daughter at Christmas. I could tell that I really made her day.

There is something I've been wanting to mention and discuss but wasn't sure of the proper place and time.

There is a seller on eBay who has been listing Brahmin bags, NWT for as much as $1,500. Good for her if she sells them at that price. However, what's to keep Brahmin from thinking that if she can sell one for that much money, then why couldn't the company do the same?

I guess this time next year, she will have this one listed for $2,500? :shocked:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 321
Reactions: Satcheldoll
There is something I've been wanting to mention and discuss but wasn't sure of the proper place and time.

There is a seller on eBay who has been listing Brahmin bags, NWT for as much as $1,500. Good for her if she sells them at that price. However, what's to keep Brahmin from thinking that if she can sell one for that much money, then why couldn't the company do the same?

I guess this time next year, she will have this one listed for $2,500? :shocked:
I've noticed the seller too. I've also noticed that the bags are still listed. I think only those uneducated about the brand would spend that much especially when there are so many other avenues to purchase Brahmin bags for way cheaper than these ridiculously inflated prices. Hopefully they would come to the forum or a facebook group to get educated before actually purchasing.