Tech Any bloggers on? Do you use Blogger or Wordpress and why?

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
I have been blogging for several years now, but really actively now for a year. I am in the process of redesigning the layout, though I don't want a tremendous change, I just want it to look more professional and more...site-y than it presently does. I have been working on this for almost a year, but due to my workload with my business, everytime I start working, my workload picks back up and it backburners. So I am hiring someone to help me with the template.

The big hangup for me before we proceed (and I have two weeks to decide because she's on vacation before we start working) is do I want to switch from Blogger to Wordpress.org.

Pros of Blogger: Google linked, same login, and allows my two-step authorization and all that. All my stuff is already there, and migrating that might be a disaster. And it's free.

Cons of Blogger: less tinkering with the layout, less freedom with the layout, no scheduling "apps" and ease that comes with wordpress for scheduling your social media and all that, you have to wait til the post goes live to get a link to make a bitly to blast.

Pros of Wordpress: Freedom to the layout, convenience "apps" and widgets, will look more like a legit site than just a blog.

Cons of Wordpress: gotta migrate everything, gotta get hosting, gotta worry about security, I have no idea how to use it.

I have concerns about security, which is part of why I haven't jumped yet. I am a little nervous about getting hijacked like some of the bloggers in the blogging world. I am not as popular as they are, though, so perhaps that's beneficial in my instance.

Thoughts?

I'm a Wordpress man. I like having more options with layout. If there's a choice between the easy method and the hard method, I go with the hard method. You learn more about how the CMS's work that way.