any bad experiences using GST?

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 Early Access ends today! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale. We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i just bought the GST, it's nice, however, since it's doesn't fully zipped, aren't you guys ever afraid someone can steal something, or you might drop something out of the bag? I know I can be paranoid.

2. I love the GST - have three with one more to add to my collection of GSTs, so I am a big fan. I just keep it under my arm if I am walking in a crowded area where someone could reach inside. Otherwise no issues.....:smile:

3. If I'm going to be in NYC (or anywhere else metro) I always carry a zip-top bag since I do worry about pickpockets etc., but I am firmly in Mommy-land most of the time and the GST is fine for errand-running, shopping, etc.

4. Ive been looking for a GST, do you know where i can get one? it's not available in some parts of Italy, will be checking Rome tom.. what abt in the US? i can ask a cousin to gget one for me, thanks....

5. Anything valuable I always zip up in the middle compartment.

6. I don't worry much about pick pockets... I think it'd be hard to stick your hand in my tote while it's under my arm to get out my big fat wallet! But maybe I underestimate the skill of thieves.

My complaint: The thing is heavy. After a few hours of shopping, I feel like I need a massage for my poor shoulders!

7. Annie - is it heavy even when empty or is it because of what you carry? I am looking at a GST more seriously now - but I can't handle heavy bags. This is one thing I like about my saleya - it's light, but I don't overload it.

8. Thanks for your responses. You guys been helpful. Even w/o anything inside, I kind of find the bag still a bit heavy. So if you load it up, it's definitely gets heavier. And I don't even mean overloading it.

9. I know there are some GST lovers who say the tote itself isn't that heavy when you don't load it up, but I personally find it very heavy for a handbag. I usually only have my wallet, cell phone, keys, and maybe a small make-up bag and I still find it quite hefty.

10. i carry alot of things all the time-hence my tendency twd big bags, but i find the GST quite light. i know some may disagree but thats just my opinon. i carry it when i walk around NYC all the time and it doesnt seem to be a problem. the only "accident" i had was whne i carried to to the movie theater, and i placed the GST on my lap..then i dropped a napkin so i bent over to pick it up, forgetting the GST is on my lap, and all the contends in my bag fell out..haha...:Push:

since then, i always rembered not to bend over with the GST...haha..:P

11. I normally carry big bags fully loaded and I found the GST to be very heavy and awkward to deal with - sold it after using it for 2 days on a business trip. :Push:

12. many bags can get heavy with a lot of stuff...sometimes my LV speedy gets heavy and that bag is very light...i dont think the gst is heavy at all imo...its like all my other bags

13. :tup: Me too. Otherwise, I never worry about using my GST. I love it!

14. I love the GST - just use it to your comfort level...

and remember just because it is big - doesn't mean it has to be filled up. I find it comfortable and oh so stylish. :graucho:

15. Ooo, great to know! I've been contemplating about getting one soon too. Thanks :tup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice