Any advice about first time selling on Ebay would be appreciated

bagstobuy

Aug 12, 2009
Ladies,
I have about 4 authentic NWT or EUC bags for sale, i have tried Bonanzle and I have had no bites. the bag brands are Cole Haan, Pietro Alessandro and Foley Corrina, All in similiar price range...I have looked at my competion and have seen quite a few of the same bags for sale on ebay with 0 bids ..should i wait and put them up when there is fewer on Ebay..or is this inevatable/near impossible
It just seems a bit pointless putting up the same bag for a similiar asking price if other sellers bags are not moving and there is a lot of competition.
Any opinions or thoughts or advice on this?

Unfortunately, these could be a hard sell.
Out of the brand names mentioned I am only really familiar with the name Cole Haan. While I am sure there are aficionados of these lines I think you are really looking at a niche market thus a smaller pool of buyers. Coupled with the fact that you have other sellers having trouble moving the same merchandise at a similar price point and I think you already know the answer.
I don't know what your aim is, but setting making a profit aside, do you want to just get rid of them quickly or try to hang on and break even?
If it were me I would check the completed listings to see at what price they sold- or didn't sell at. Then just list them at a 30 day BIN at a price under that amount.
Even relatively rare, authentic LVs are selling for a considerably less than they were even a year ago.
I have a Coach bag in the 'C' fabric that I can't move for anything- and those things usually sold themselves overnight.

Thanks poopsie2. Yeah I know the anwser.
I am prepared to take a $50 or so loss on each bag, But then you have to subtract Ebay fee's, so maybe it's not really worth it. I like to sell bags that I do not use, I have bought a few of NWT bags on Ebay and haven't used them so i wanted to simply turn them around and sell them..oh well, Maybe it's not meant to be.

well, since it is free to list on Bonanzle you could just leave them there indefinitely.
BINs on Ebay are only .50 for 30 days. The new fee structure has made the final value fees on auctions and BINs almost the same.
This is traditionally a time when sales across the board tend to grind to a halt. People are out doing other things. It usually picks up in a few months.
I find that I tend to 'rediscover' bags that I fell out of love with and stashed away or failed to sell. Maybe give those bags a second look with a fresh eye and you might want to keep and carry some of them.

Have you thought of trying a consignment shop? What city do you live in? You may have better luck with consigning them. Unfortunately with brands like that (at least cole haan, i'm not familiar with the others) there are just so many deals out there on them. You can find them seriously discounted at dept stores or clearanced out at tj maxx, ross, nords rack etc. I just don't think ebay is going to get you much action or a decent price. But perhaps a consignment shop may get you something. It's at least worth looking into. If you do this, though, I would definitely ask them what they would price it at so you can decide if that price is high enough for you.

I never was a big fan of consignment shops. But with all of the scammers and hassles of ebay nowadays, I've found that sometimes they are just the better way to go. (but this also depends on your city)

Thanks Poopsie and Emcosmo...I will list the other 2 on Bonanzle, if they sell eventually thats will be great, If not then I guess it wasn't meant to be.
I live in NYC..i don't think anything other than Foley Corrina will be accepted in a consignment store and that would probably be in Soho only..in a funkier neighborhood.
I will just think a bit more about the bags I buy in future.
Maybe i can contact a few consignment stores on line, send them a few pics and see if there interested.