Anxiously awaiting my very first Bbag

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Well, I've been on TPF for about a year now, and I finally made my way over. I've confined myself mostly to the Marc Jacobs and Rebecca Minkoff forums (though I also own an LV Speedy, a Botkier Sasha and a Fendi hobo...). But...I've spent the last month reading what now feels like every single thread in the Bal forum, until I finally felt educated enough to take the plunge.

I did go to Holt Renfrew to see the bags in person, and I do agree that the newer agneau leather is thin (though the bags are still TDF). I had my heard set on a Day, but the handle drop felt just the tiniest bit snug (even though I'm quite small at 5"5 and 120 pounds). Also, I was a bit concerned that everything would drop to the bottom and the bag would become a bit of a bottomless pit. So...after much scouring of the bag, I've settled on a 2007 plomb giant hobo. The hardware is silver, and the bag is brand new. I know that the hobo isn't the most popular style, but I've got five kids, and it just looks as though it will fit snug to my body and stay put (which is what I need).

I don't have it yet, but the anticipation is killing me. Any feedback about the hobo style, or the 2007 plomb leather/colour would be most appreciated. It'll help me to get through these next few days of waiting!!!!

I'll post pics as soon as she arrives.

2. Congratulations, I can't wait to see pictures! I've actually been wondering about the lack of love for the hobo... I feel like it's one of those bags that is way under-appreciated. The day is still my favorite style, but I would love to get a hobo with GGH... sounds like you made a great choice getting the plomb GSH!

Which Holt Renfrew did you get it from, if you don't mind my asking? I haven't really seen many hobos at Holts.

3. Thanks Cody for your response. I didn't actually get it at Holt Renfrew. I got it on Ebay (authenticated here first, of course). But I did go to the Holt Renfrew at Yorkdale (in Toronto) to check out the bags IRL, and to see their inventory. It was scant, to say the least. Pathetic. They did have a hobo style when I was there though - I don't remember the colour. This was at least 2 weeks ago. Are you in Toronto?

4. I'm in Ottawa right now because I go to school here... and Ottawa is quite possible as dreary as it gets for selection of anything at Holt Renfrew. In fact, I've been back for three weeks now and haven't been able to bother walking thirty minutes just to see if there's anything interesting on sale. I usually make any purchases during the summer/Christmas when I'm in Calgary. That's where I got my Day from, but even their stock was pretty limited, sadly. And I was in Montreal in early December but they had very little, too. Why can't Holts get better stock! And better pricing while we're at it, too... :P

5. I agree about the terrible stock! I bought the hobo from a US evilbay seller. But...I have learned that bagpassion.com as well as constylement (or something like that) are both Canadian based. You can't actually go and check out the inventory, but they are IN Canada, so shipping is more reasonable and you avoid customs fees.

6. Congrats!!! Hope to see your pics soon!!!:woohoo:
    Your avatar pic is so cute!!!:smile:

7. 07 Plomb is gorgeous and has chevre leather too I believe. Congrats on your first Bbag! I'm quite small as well (5'4) and I considered the Hobo as well when I was shopping for a Day. Eventually I went with the Day because I loved the slouch and the Day has more of that. As for the bottomless pit, it is sometimes hard to find little things in the bag, which is why I now keep my keys, wallet, etc, in a separate pocket. Looking forward to your pictures!

8. 2007 Steel Plomb has the most fluffy and supreme leather. I'm looking for a mint Part Time or City... either is fine. Actually, it can be bigger - it just needs to be Plomb since geees: that leather is so divine.

Post pics when she arrives, please!

9. Congrats ruthfmc! I have a RH plomb city and the color is just gorgeous - a super dark grey, almost black, with a hint of blue. The leather is so soft too! You will love your hobo, I can't wait to see pics! :tup:

10. Congrats, post pics!

11. Congrats! Can't wait to see photos when it arrives :tup:

12. Can't wait to see her! Congratulations, Plomb is divine.

13. I love plomb bag with SGH. Plomb almost always comes with great leather isn't it? :tup: Congrats!!

14. Okay...here it is, and it's beautiful. I'm very pleased; it's a gorgeous, soft, chewy, greyish, bluish, blackish bundle of yum! Now I have to decide on the next one! Definitely something colourful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. She is fantastic and looks great on you, congrats!!! :tup: