Antique brass?

maja2005

O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
Hi,

I have been confused over HW lately, is e.g. antique brass the "ordinary" yellow brass or a different colour? If the two are different, does anybody have both kinds? I'd love to be able to compare the colours and would appreciate a pic, if you can :flowers:. BTW, wouldn't HW be a good idea for the photo reference thread?

TIA,
maja x

ratrat

Ratatat!
Sep 12, 2008
Hi maja I tried pics with 'I think' ordinary yellow brass on my Oak & 'I think' Antiqued brass on antiqued leather. In real eyes it's kind of more obvious, Antiqued one is darker at the edge and more copper like. I will put up photos anyway - my camera is not good enough really....

First ordinary, Second antiqued

hulahoop

Hula O'Hoop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2007
UK
Maja, if you look in the roxanne thread, there is Cosmopolitan's choc roxanne (at the start) with the old brass hardware, and Daisyrockierosie and Alibagpusses choc roxannes with the newer shinier hardware. There is quite a difference when you compare them like this (which is what I did when I was craving a choccie roxanne :nuts:)

maja2005

O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
Got it! Thank you so much for your trouble, both of you. That is exactly what I needed, great with the close-ups of the postman's locks! So antique brass was used in earlier hardware and has a coppery appearance, right? That is really useful to know and explains a lot. I bought a bag where the HW had a different colour and shine than I expected, now I know why!

:ty::ty: