Antique Beaded Purse/100 years old/Italian

SPECK

Jan 31, 2006
I have a purse that has been in the family for about 80-100 years. A relative of mine sold hers, same except for color, on eBay 10 years ago for $500.

I have pictures and was wondering if any of you knew any information on it. It is beautiful and in mint condition.

It has 2 small pockets on the inside along with a small mirror.It has Satin Pleated trim and handle. Damask lining on the inside.

I can get pictures up in a little while showing the exterior/interior and mirror.

Thanks for all of your help. Any info/links/websites/forums/stores/etc... are VERY appreciated. I am looking to sell this.

:biggrin:

purse13sa.jpg

Wow, what an heirloom! Very unique looking purse, and delicate too. Are you sure you don't want to keep it, given that it's been in your family for a long time?

You could sell it, but I'd be careful and set an appropriate reserve price. My dad's an antique dealer and I help him out on a lot of his jewelry, clothing, and handbag sales (and in return get to keep the things I like!), and the market for purses like this on eBay is REALLY fickle. You need to find the right buyer who really wants a bag like this to complete his/her collection. Maybe list it once with a high reserve to see what it's likely to bring.