Antigua/Globe shopper owners, please help me with....

shoeinbag

Dec 10, 2006
I'm not sure whether I should post here, but...
How do you treat your naked canvas? I know the canvas has been treated, but do you put anything else on it to protect dirt/water? Also how do you clean it (wash it in water/ send it to dry clean?) Thanks so much! :smile:

OK, guys. there is another problem here. today when i talk to my friend, she also mentioned that there are some blue color that transfered from her jeans. it located on the bottom edge of her bag. so anyone has any idea about this issue? Thanks alot!

I don't a bag from either of the lines you mentioned, but I do own a canvas Gucci tote that I sprayed with protectant. It's black on black so there shouldn't be any issues anyway, but I did spill some Pepsi on it and merely balled up and was easily wiped away.

About the dirt, I really don't know what to tell you- there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do once that light-colored canvas is dirty besides trying to spot clean it with a wet towel.

Honestly, I would suggest using a Tide2Go pen to remove the marks on the canvas and rub lightly with a magic eraser on the vachetta to remove any marks. Make sure to condition the leather afterwards as the magic eraser removes the natural oils from the leather.

I swear by www.griotsgarage.com for their "Leather Care" and "Leather Rejuvenator" products. If you do a search, you will find a few threads of these products. Good-luck!

Thanks. I told her to try baby wipe to clean the blue marks. And she said the color is getting off, but not all. Could you tell me which brand protectant do you use, is it clear?
Thanks!

I don't a bag from either of the lines you mentioned, but I do own a canvas Gucci tote that I sprayed with protectant. It's black on black so there shouldn't be any issues anyway, but I did spill some Pepsi on it and merely balled up and was easily wiped away.

About the dirt, I really don't know what to tell you- there's not a whole hell of a lot you can do once that light-colored canvas is dirty besides trying to spot clean it with a wet towel.

Thanks, so far, she tried baby wipe, and it works. Will Tide2GO dye the canvas? you know, like a lighter color spot. Thanks for the infor.

Honestly, I would suggest using a Tide2Go pen to remove the marks on the canvas and rub lightly with a magic eraser on the vachetta to remove any marks. Make sure to condition the leather afterwards as the magic eraser removes the natural oils from the leather.

I swear by www.griotsgarage.com for their "Leather Care" and "Leather Rejuvenator" products. If you do a search, you will find a few threads of these products. Good-luck!

Tide2Go = Magic

I had to use it once on my Antigua Besace. I treated it instantly (I ALWAYS have one of those pens with me!) and it wasn't a serious staining liquid. I didn't have any problems with color change.