Antigona Soft

I wanted to report back to the thread that since buying my Small Antigona Soft in Black last December, it has become my most used and favorite bag. It is the perfect size for me as a day bag, and I have used it as a tote (unfastened) more often than I thought I would, even though I thought I would prefer the doctor bag shape. The tote size allows for quite a bit of stuff: water bottle, book, ipad, small umbrella, plus the usual suspects. Also, I love that you can unfasten the bag if you find yourself acquiring more stuff throughout the day. It makes a perfect travel bag for that reason. The leather has held up really well and has softened, but still retains the shape of the bag really well.

If anyone is considering buying this bag, I highly recommend it.
One of the reasons I was originally attracted to G designs is bc they do convertible bags well. Versatility is a great draw in this day and age. Always love hearing if a bag worked or not, and why.

Reactions: Kimbashop
I wanted to report back to the thread that since buying my Small Antigona Soft in Black last December, it has become my most used and favorite bag. It is the perfect size for me as a day bag, and I have used it as a tote (unfastened) more often than I thought I would, even though I thought I would prefer the doctor bag shape. The tote size allows for quite a bit of stuff: water bottle, book, ipad, small umbrella, plus the usual suspects. Also, I love that you can unfasten the bag if you find yourself acquiring more stuff throughout the day. It makes a perfect travel bag for that reason. The leather has held up really well and has softened, but still retains the shape of the bag really well.

This was so helpful! Do you happen to have any photos of how it has aged so far? I recently returned because the opening was so small when buckled as everyone above has commented as well. Now I'm feeling return remorse! I considered leaving it unbuckled but the straps looked so silly flapping around. Have you found that the straps calmed down a bit as it softened w wear?

This was so helpful! Do you happen to have any photos of how it has aged so far? I recently returned because the opening was so small when buckled as everyone above has commented as well. Now I'm feeling return remorse! I considered leaving it unbuckled but the straps looked so silly flapping around. Have you found that the straps calmed down a bit as it softened w wear?
Glad it was useful. I will try to post some photos tomorrow. I have not found the opening to be a problem for me, but I think that is because I carry everything in pouches so it is easy to get those in and out if the bag.

the flaps definitely have calmed down. They bend now and look less silly, although they still stick out a bit. They remind me of the zipper “ears” on my Bal cities.

Thank you for this info!

Thank you for the report! I just discovered this bag and am pretty obsessed with researching it! Can you tell me how the leather has worn over the last 9 months? Thank you so much!

Thank you for this info!
Hi SSMM :wave:
glad it helped.
Thank you for the report! I just discovered this bag and am pretty obsessed with researching it! Can you tell me how the leather has worn over the last 9 months? Thank you so much!

Sorry for my delayed posting. I have been off of the forum for a few months and slowly getting back into the swing of things here.

Here are some photos. I hope that they help address your questions. You can see a bit of softening and folding due to the bag being fastened. When I'm not using the bag I always unfasten the tabs and stuff the bag as a tote in order to minimize any leather creasing. So far, there is no creasing or folding in the leather, just a gentle bend where the "ears" get fastened down for the doctor bag style.

You can see that the tabs/ears (what to call them?) are now hanging parallel with the bag, which I think looks less awkward than when the bag is new and those flaps stick out straight.

The leather has held up very well. Givenchy knew what they were doing when they chose this leather. It is both firm and supple, exactly what is needed for this style to hold its shape while also being manipulated.

I took photos in natural light so that you could see details. In real life the bag is darker (it is a black bag, not dark grey).

fullsizeoutput_3ac1.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3ac4.jpeg

2C9C5A4F-0745-4F6D-B0C7-D54951C578CB.jpeg

908ADB53-99FC-4710-9681-1471F00E258F.jpeg

3FC2D7BD-0770-4580-9891-420925C67BB3.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi SSMM :wave:
glad it helped.

Sorry for my delayed posting. I have been off of the forum for a few months and slowly getting back into the swing of things here.

Here are some photos. I hope that they help address your questions. You can see a bit of softening and folding due to the bag being fastened. When I'm not using the bag I always unfasten the tabs and stuff the bag as a tote in order to minimize any leather creasing. So far, there is no creasing or folding in the leather, just a gentle bend where the "ears" get fastened down for the doctor bag style.

You can see that the tabs/ears (what to call them?) are now hanging parallel with the bag, which I think looks less awkward than when the bag is new and those flaps stick out straight.

The leather has held up very well. Givenchy knew what they were doing when they chose this leather. It is both firm and supple, exactly what is needed for this style to hold its shape while also being manipulated.

I took photos in natural light so that you could see details. In real life the bag is darker (it is a black bag, not dark grey).

View attachment 5199849

View attachment 5199850

View attachment 5199961

View attachment 5199962

View attachment 5199963
Thank you so so much! This is so very helpful. I love that it has relaxed just the right amount. Thank you for the tip on how you stuff and store to avoid creases!
Mine should be here today and I'm so excited. I've been searching for my next daily bag for a few weeks and feel like this could be THE ONE. :smile: This will be my first Givenchy bag! Thanks again!

Thank you so so much! This is so very helpful. I love that it has relaxed just the right amount. Thank you for the tip on how you stuff and store to avoid creases!
Mine should be here today and I'm so excited. I've been searching for my next daily bag for a few weeks and feel like this could be THE ONE. :smile: This will be my first Givenchy bag! Thanks again!
I hope you enjoy it! I have found that using pouches to keep my stuff in (makeup, aspirin, masks, sanitizer, etc) really helps keep the inside of the bag organized when you have the flaps fastened.

I love your Avatar!

I hope you enjoy it! I have found that using pouches to keep my stuff in (makeup, aspirin, masks, sanitizer, etc) really helps keep the inside of the bag organized when you have the flaps fastened.

I love your Avatar!
Welllllll it arrived yesterday and I just sent it back to Nordstrom :sad:
The bag is beautiful. The leather is scrumptious, the adjustable strap was awesome and the bag is so roomy. It didn't work for me because i want to use it Xbody and when it's slouchy, it just sticks out too much for me to be comfortable. As a handheld/crook of arm bag, it would work great but I want xbody :sad:
I'm so sad it didn't work but glad I tried!

Welllllll it arrived yesterday and I just sent it back to Nordstrom :sad:
The bag is beautiful. The leather is scrumptious, the adjustable strap was awesome and the bag is so roomy. It didn't work for me because i want to use it Xbody and when it's slouchy, it just sticks out too much for me to be comfortable. As a handheld/crook of arm bag, it would work great but I want xbody :sad:
I'm so sad it didn't work but glad I tried!
sorry it didn't work out for you!

I just reserved a medium soft with croc print in Paprika (see pic) on Fashionphile last week! I was eyeing the Antigona for years but never pulled the trigger because of the bulky structure. When I discovered the soft version, I knew it was the right one as I am a big fan of Balenciaga and I was looking for a bag that is a little more structured but not losing the slouchy spirit. It only took me 2 days to decide to put this one on the layaway program, because orange-red is the right color for me among many reds. Right color, right shape, and right size! It's hard to find pictures of this one in person though and I hope it's the color I had in mind. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone have this one? How is the color in reality? Any opinion would be appreciated!

c9f84501f0e8807e96ba692f6a6a972b.jpg

I just reserved a medium soft with croc print in Paprika (see pic) on Fashionphile last week! I was eyeing the Antigona for years but never pulled the trigger because of the bulky structure. When I discovered the soft version, I knew it was the right one as I am a big fan of Balenciaga and I was looking for a bag that is a little more structured but not losing the slouchy spirit. It only took me 2 days to decide to put this one on the layaway program, because orange-red is the right color for me among many reds. Right color, right shape, and right size! It's hard to find pictures of this one in person though and I hope it's the color I had in mind. Fingers crossed!

Does anyone have this one? How is the color in reality? Any opinion would be appreciated!

View attachment 5282725
Gorgeous! I don’t have this one, but your reasoning (Bal fan looking for more structure) is *exactly* why I bought soft ant. I have the small one. It is my most used bag.

• Love
Reactions: veroniquesw