Antigona price too good to be true?!

Easyeve

Oct 19, 2014
Hi Everyone,

After scouring the net, I found the Givenchy Antigona from an online retailer called the Italist.com. Anyway, their price (including tax and duties) is more than $1000 cheaper than if I were to buy it from a brick and motars store in Canada (Nordstrom, Saks, Holt Renfrew). Before doing extensive research, my fingers when ahead and ordered the bag. Now, I am having next day regret that I may have purchased a fake. Nothing I have found from a reputable seller comes this close. With exchange and duties, it's even cheaper than Vestiare Collective. Can anyone share if they have purchased AUTHENTIC goods from this online retailer? Thank you so much

There is a thread in the general shopping forum detailing people's experiences with this site. Essentially it's somewhat like farfetch.com. It sources authentic items from boutiques. I think the biggest issue may be with returns....but you should read through the thread.

So, what's my first experience shopping with Italist???? NEVER AGAIN! They sent me the wrong order. Instead of getting the Givenchy Antigona, size small, I received a pair of Prada shoes. I am beyond IRATE! It's unbelievable that a $2000+ purchase is handled so recklessly. So pissed. Of course, they don't have a number you can call. I emailed them immediately and so far, NO RESPONSE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of scam

So, what's my first experience shopping with Italist???? NEVER AGAIN! They sent me the wrong order. Instead of getting the Givenchy Antigona, size small, I received a pair of Prada shoes. I am beyond IRATE! It's unbelievable that a $2000+ purchase is handled so recklessly. So pissed. Of course, they don't have a number you can call. I emailed them immediately and so far, NO RESPONSE!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Wouldn't be surprised if it's some sort of scam

Might have been an honest mistake. How long have you been waiting for an email back?

I just ordered a pair of saint Laurent sandals from them and they arrived as expected. I don't think italist is a scam site.

I've ordered from Italist and the item I received was correct and authentic. The only problem people seem to have with them is like what highend mentioned - don't even bother trying to return anything to them, you'll get hit with a lot of import fees that they deduct from your total refund amount.