Antigona Medium, too big?

Omega4

Jun 20, 2016
Hi,

Im really considering a black goat skin antigona in medium but is it massive?

Im 5 foot 5 and don't want it to look massive on me because I'm hoping to have it as a day bag.

Thanks!

With your height, you can def pull off a med. I'm 5'4 and I have no problem carrying this sz. Having said that, its not a flush against your body type of bag, so it does have some depth, and its structured too.

If you are not used to bigger bags, or any of my descriptions above, then you may want to try before buying. Another thing is, this bag isn't the lightest nor heaviest, but when u pack in stuff, it does get heavy if u have to lug it all day.

Depending on what your job, its a solid day bag. Very simple but classy, and hardy bag.

I'd definitely recommend checking the size out in person if you can. I have the goat skin medium, am 5'9, and I feel like it's pretty big even on me. But I like how it looks more than the small.

I am 5'2" or 5'3" and by no means thin and I think the medium is way too big. I got my first Antigona in medium and it took me over two years to carry it for the first time. It's a great size for travel, but other than that, I find it to be way too big for every day use. I am madly in love with the small I got recently though. If you can, check them out in person first. I couldn't and it was a very costly mistake.

The medium is huge...I'm 5'2" and 130...it completely overwhelms me. I have the small and it's perfect for day use.

That said, everyone has their own aesthetic and if you like the look of larger bags on you it may be fine.

I think it really depends on the person... I have a friend with the medium and I tried it on and didn't like it.. I'm 5'9 but just felt it looks so bulky. However, if you feel you need the room, go for it :smile:

I just bought a medium bag, and I think I looked "normal" with a small antigona, but the medium made more of a statement and accentuated the bag as a significant accent piece rather than just a tote to carry around.

Reactions: berta
I'm 5' 1 and just about to pull the trigger on this one in the medium. I love a big bag. My problem is the shoulder strap looks odd and the handle drop is small. I have a Gucci with bamboo handles, the bag is not heavy, however after I fill it, you can not carry it on the crook of you arm. My husband ends up carrying my bag. Now getting back to my point, the bag is heavy, carrying a full bag on the crook of your arm might be uncomfortable. Just throwing that out there FYI. This is the reason why I bought the Celine Trifold. But my heart still wants this bag. Try it on, the small is really adorable and there are more options, the small pin studs, the stitching, color blocking. Oh, but I so love the medium.

Reactions: Bebang
I'm 5'2" and 105lbs and even the small is a tad overwhelming on my frame. The bag is heavy even when empty. I feel that the medium would be unnecessarily large and heavy especially for a day bag?

I recently got the medium and love it! I use it almost everyday and it fits all my things perfectly. I was torn between the small and medium as well but was so glad I went with the one I did. Personally, the small would have been too small for everyday in my opinion... but maybe I just carry too much stuff around!

I feel the need to post because everyone else said it was great but I had the same worry when I bought it from net-a-porter a couple years ago and I literally never use my medium Antigona because it's so big. I've had it for 2 years and carried it maybe 3 or 4 times, usually while traveling to hold all of my makeup. My ex told me it looked like I was literally carrying a duffle bag around haha, and I agree with him. The thing that makes it look so much bigger is that it's wide at the base! it's not that the height/length are too big, it's just that it's wide! I'm preparing to sell it soon because it's impractical to own something I never use :smile: I just bought a small Antigona instead (which is why I just created an account, to verify that is real!) and I much prefer the size of the small. I'm 5'4". Another reference I have for you is that I do own the medium Prada Saffiano and I love that size.

I'm 5' 1 and just about to pull the trigger on this one in the medium. I love a big bag. My problem is the shoulder strap looks odd and the handle drop is small. I have a Gucci with bamboo handles, the bag is not heavy, however after I fill it, you can not carry it on the crook of you arm. My husband ends up carrying my bag. Now getting back to my point, the bag is heavy, carrying a full bag on the crook of your arm might be uncomfortable. Just throwing that out there FYI. This is the reason why I bought the Celine Trifold. But my heart still wants this bag. Try it on, the small is really adorable and there are more options, the small pin studs, the stitching, color blocking. Oh, but I so love the medium.

UPDATE: I love this bag. I bought this bag even though I was hesitant, put my foot out there and whamo! I am in love. Bought the medium. For me with the shoulder strap it fits in that sweet spot. It is comfortable. Had to go to a meeting with husband last night, I have been sick forever, no time to switch out bags so I grab it and go. On the way I'm thinking why didn't I change, I'm going to be standing, I'm tired now, then I notice how well this bag fits. How? Because not one moment did I remember this bag was on my shoulder. It is beautiful. Constructed perfectly. Balanced. Why I did not buy this bag before, clueless. As I said before. Go try it on.