Antigona - Harrods

Clarious

Jul 13, 2016
Hey Everyone,

I am very excited to post for the first time on the purse forum.....

I received my Givenchy Antigona Medium Smooth Black Calfskin today, ordered online from Harrods in the UK! It is gorgeous and so glad I went with the smooth calfskin. I ordered on the 4th of July (11pm Australian eastern standard time), so from ordering to delivery was 9 days and I was updated by Harrods via email throughout the ordering process. Good communication.

My question is has anyone else bought designer bags online from Harrods before?

Was just curious as the exact same bag is over $1000 more expensive on Net a Porter and Bergdorf goodman online to get delivered to Australia. I have no doubt to the bags authenticity coming from Harrods, however was just curious if anyone else found buying from Harrods or UK department stores like Selfridges cheaper? I did get the bag 10% off as I signed up to the Harrods rewards program and the AUD has improved against the GBP recently. Harrods also removed the UK VAT tax and then applied Australia Import duties and taxes.

Happy bag shopping :smile:

Hey Everyone,

I am very excited to post for the first time on the purse forum.....

I received my Givenchy Antigona Medium Smooth Black Calfskin today, ordered online from Harrods in the UK! It is gorgeous and so glad I went with the smooth calfskin. I ordered on the 4th of July (11pm Australian eastern standard time), so from ordering to delivery was 9 days and I was updated by Harrods via email throughout the ordering process. Good communication.

My question is has anyone else bought designer bags online from Harrods before?

Was just curious as the exact same bag is over $1000 more expensive on Net a Porter and Bergdorf goodman online to get delivered to Australia. I have no doubt to the bags authenticity coming from Harrods, however was just curious if anyone else found buying from Harrods or UK department stores like Selfridges cheaper? I did get the bag 10% off as I signed up to the Harrods rewards program and the AUD has improved against the GBP recently. Harrods also removed the UK VAT tax and then applied Australia Import duties and taxes.

Happy bag shopping :smile:

Hi congrats! I literally posted a similar thread a few hours ago about my experience check it out :smile: Bought mine from Harrods last Sunday with the 10% off and it arrived a week later in Sydney on Monday. Awesome service from Harrods xx

Hey seems we were in the exact same boat! Congrats on taking the Antigona plunge too. I was thinking about it for a while and then just happened to see the Harrods extra 10% off and their prices are so much cheaper than all of the other department stores and net a porter. Not sure if the other stores are just charging a huge mark up or what the story is. Great service and fast delivery! I am already eyeing off the Chloe Drew Mini as my next purchase from Harrods. xo

Has anyone purchased from Matchesfashion.com? Seems like they have the same price + duty formula similar to Harrods ie deduct UK VAT and add aus tax, except they are cheapar by around $200.

upload_2016-9-1_10-52-33.png

Has anyone purchased from Matchesfashion.com? Seems like they have the same price + duty formula similar to Harrods ie deduct UK VAT and add aus tax, except they are cheapar by around $200.

View attachment 3455005
I didn't but an Antigona from Matches, but I did buy something else on Monday morning and it arrived in Sydney yesterday via DHL, shipping was super fast. I bought an Antigona from Selfridges on Sunday night since I wanted the pearl grey. It was a little slower but it's in customs now. I'm hoping it clears tomorrow so I can pick it up from the depot on Saturday. I'm very excited.

I didn't but an Antigona from Matches, but I did buy something else on Monday morning and it arrived in Sydney yesterday via DHL, shipping was super fast. I bought an Antigona from Selfridges on Sunday night since I wanted the pearl grey. It was a little slower but it's in customs now. I'm hoping it clears tomorrow so I can pick it up from the depot on Saturday. I'm very excited.
Great to know and congrats on your new purchase. Hope you get your lovely bag soon.

Reactions: auntyjo