anti anging products

A friend of mine has worked for a dermatologist for years. I hear the same thing over and over again. The Oil of Olay products (especially the Regenerist line) is just as good as these items some ladies are spending $50 or more for at the cosmetic counters.
We also learned this while I was in Cosmetology school. I love the Olay products. A lot for less.

I have used them all, La Mer, La Prairie, Sisley, Z Bigatti, Darphin, Guinot, Dermalogica, Chanel, Natura Bisse and many others!! Nothing will prevent the signs of aging as far as a cream is concerned.
I believe these creams might soften and moisturize the skin for the moment but in the long run its more about being preventative.
I would go another route and stay away from the sun, smoking, and definitely make certain you are getting lots of vitamins and minerals. Flax seed oil is another great product to use daily.
I believe these creams soften and moisturize the skin temporarily when they are used but in the long run its more about being preventative.
Z

You've hit the nail on the head, it's all prevention prevention prevention... and having great genes doesn't hurt either!

Like everyone else : avoid the sun, use cream with SPF, don´t smoke (well I do...), drink a lot, eat healthy : fish, veggies, fruits (and take extra vitamins and minerals if needed) < that sounds like a good regimen for your health overall !!
and also good sleep, avoid too much alcohol and weight changes (up and down).
As for skin care I have been trying a lot, and so far the best brands for me are the "simple" ones. Not too many chemicals. And price is more than OK too !
1- Avène (find it in pharmacy, based on thermal water, excellent for sensitive skin and the best against acne, also good anti aging line)
2-Dermalogica....but you have to buy a sun protection on top of their moisturizers.
I am trying Dr Brandt right now....

A friend of mine has worked for a dermatologist for years. I hear the same thing over and over again. The Oil of Olay products (especially the Regenerist line) is just as good as these items some ladies are spending $50 or more for at the cosmetic counters.
We also learned this while I was in Cosmetology school. I love the Olay products. A lot for less.

I actually do use the classic Oil of Olay night cream every evening but moreso for the fact that it is moisturizing and my face gets super dry at night (especially in the winter). I do not know if they are anti-aging, but I do love these creams.

My friend was breaking out very badly recently, and her dermatologist told her that they just had an office meeting about how the Regenerist Line is causing breakouts in so many people. She told my friend to stay away from it at all costs because the ingredients are different from the original. I never used that line, so I cannot comment, but I thought I would pass along the info. :flowers:

i used all top brands (la mer, sisley) and recently found this line called PCA..i think it is more of a medical line.. and it is amazing! I have seen immediate results!!i use the pigment gel for my acne scars and they are totally disappearing! then i use the A&C serum and my skin is actually glowing! i also use sunblock everyday, take vitamins, exercise and eat healthy but the serums, in addition, have showen real results!

PrincessMe do you mind me asking your age? As everyone's needs are different I think when you use products in your 20's or 30's they certainly have a different effect than in your 40's or 50's.
I too have heard about the PCA line and wondered about it.
Is the A&C serum you are referring to the Synergy A&C serum?? TIA
Z

Retin A or the like in my opinion is the only thing that will truly control and minimize wrinkles and aging of the skin, that along with a little prevention I think can make a huge difference. Most creams will help with superficial issues like a little dryness, flakiness, discoloration and minimize the affect of facial expressions leading to lines but most of them don't really reverse aging or penetrate deep enought to affect anything long term..... Our skin is our biggest organ so everything good we do for our body from our lifestyle, sleep, food consumption, sun exposure etc., will show how all of our organs age especially our skin since that's what everyone sees! BTW the sun is our best source of natural vitamin D, so wear sunscreen absoutely, but 5 minutes or so a day of sun, maybe sitting on a bench outside @ lunch may actually be beneficial, you just don't want to be sitting out for hours lathered in baby oil!

Oh, I've been using Retin A for years and people who don't know me always guess my age way off.......

One more thing, QUIT smoking if you possibly can, it's sooooo bad for your skin (and your other organs for that matter), it just robs everything of oxygen!!! I would say def. worse then the sun! I'm always so shocked at how many beautiful people smoke, especially those who depend on their looks for their livelyhood!

^I know you're so right....:sad:
1 day when asking for a table in the smoking area at a restaurant the waitress said to my BF and me "how can 2 beautiful ppl like you smoke ??? such a shame.."

PrincessMe do you mind me asking your age? As everyone's needs are different I think when you use products in your 20's or 30's they certainly have a different effect than in your 40's or 50's.
I too have heard about the PCA line and wondered about it.
Is the A&C serum you are referring to the Synergy A&C serum?? TIA
Z
I am 26 .. i have been very health concious since i was 12..i do use the synergy a&c and love it..i had wrinkles on my forehead and eyes and with pca they are viirtually gone..i am go in for peels too..i'd like to try & avoid ps in the future

I really love....

Total effects by olay...Works like a charm!!!!!!
La mer creame and concentrate serum...super moisture!
Revive eye cream....tightning of eye area!!!!
Proactive.....acne and blackheads defeater!!!

Then...

Retinol....alpha hydroxy acids.....and peel once or twice a month.....