Anti-Aging creams before you age?

CleoCouture

no will power
May 17, 2007
Ok, I'm almost 30!:yucky: I've just noticed my first set of wrinkles:cursing:....actually they are more like fine lines but when it comes to this kinda think I definitely exaggerate! They are right on my cheek where my dimple is and I really want to prevent them from getting any worse as much as possible. I'm thinking I should go with an anti-aging cream, but am considering an anti-wrinkle cream instead. Any one have any advice? And What exactly is the difference?

I think I would go with the anti-aging cream. The anti-wrinkle seems to be for a more mature woman, I would think. Do you wear sunscreen every day? That right there is your best move. It will prevent wrinkles and age spots. We all get a few wrinkles when we smile, frown but the anti-aging cream will prevent other issues. It can't hurt, right? I'll be curious to hear other replies.

I asked a La Mer consultant once and here is what she told me.. (i'm 28 and have no wrinkles at all... yet)

Use anti-wrinkle now, they are used to prevent the wrinkles from coming pre-maturely. There is no cream that will get rid of wrinkles, so fight it before it comes.

When you age, use anti-age products, that will slow down the aging of the skin.

And in my opinion and my routine is:
I use SPF 25+ moisturizer on my skin everyday. Sun damage will cause wrinkles and sunspots. When she told me to get anti-wrinkle, i was kind of surprised because I had it the other way around this whole time. But I think it makes sense to use anti-wrinkle because it's always easier to prevent than to remove the wrinkles!

Yes, yes ~ sunblock every day, something to fight free radicals and a firming cream. (I have seen really good results with Elysee products available on HSN.com)

Retinol is a good anti aging ingredient in many anti aging creams. I alternate a few products but always go back to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle Cream (retinol) with SPF 15 for day and also Neutrogena Visibly Firm with Active Copper night cream for night. I've used many more expensive brands, but end up going back to these two products. I also always use an eye cream. I was able to get rid of some fine lines on my forehead by maintaining this regiment. And of course, SPF is the most important maintenance factor.

I'm going to chip in and repeat sunscreen sunscreen sunscreen. I'm turning 26 this year and never paid attention to applying sunscreen but boy do I regret that! I'm not sure what the difference is between anti-aging and anti-wrinkle, but I'm currently using Jan Marini's anti-aging product (http://www.janmarini.com/TransformationCream.html), which I think is great at keeping skin supple and moisturized.

I bought the peter thomas roth un-wrinkle peel pads this week and have been using them for a few days now. I had some very fine "smile" lines that were really bothering me lately, so after searching through MUA, I decided to try these out. So far so good, my lines are already less noticable after a few days. You can even use these pads around your eye area. It evens out skin tone and leaves a nice glow. I'm in my mid twenties by the way.

I asked a La Mer consultant once and here is what she told me.. (i'm 28 and have no wrinkles at all... yet)

Use anti-wrinkle now, they are used to prevent the wrinkles from coming pre-maturely. There is no cream that will get rid of wrinkles, so fight it before it comes.

When you age, use anti-age products, that will slow down the aging of the skin.

And in my opinion and my routine is:
I use SPF 25+ moisturizer on my skin everyday. Sun damage will cause wrinkles and sunspots. When she told me to get anti-wrinkle, i was kind of surprised because I had it the other way around this whole time. But I think it makes sense to use anti-wrinkle because it's always easier to prevent than to remove the wrinkles!

I agree with this, completely!

I am 30 and I started using anti-wrinkle cream at the age of 24. You have wrinkle at my nose when frowning. I used anti-wrinkle products (face cream and eye cream)at early age to prevent wrinkle. I see a lot of my friends at my age have lot wrinkles and their skin is not so great.

I also used daytime moisterizer w/ SPF 15 or 25 to prevent and minimized sun damage. The La Mer consultant did not think that I need the Lift Serum, but I used it anyway to prevent wrinkle and to firm my skin. Skincare is a good investment. It's always good to preventive care first.

i have always been really careful with my skin, i think i have been on the anti-wrinkle creams since i was a teenager! the best things you can do are: stay out of the sun, wear spf and wear foundation with spf. at night cleanse, tone, use serum then moisturise.

i personally believe in prevenative skincare and using what is comfortable for your skin, not what is sold as right for your age. for example i use skincare for over 50s from my avon book and i am 30. i change moisturisers a lot and will use a richer cream in winter when my skin is dryer, hence the over 50s creams which are packed full of moisture.

Drink lots of water and get enough sleep. Exfoliattion is very very important, so do that, too. It's most important to get nutrients IN your body first....then think about what to do ON your face.