Anti-Age Serum??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Any of you gals using an anti age serum i am thinkin between dior or lancome but i would like to know some other reccomendations? im 19 yrs old and i want to prevent and i want a great serum price is no problem i just want it to work, thanks so much :smile:

2. I've heard that you have to be careful about using anti-ageing products too soon - as it can be bad for your skin (I think some of the products can thin the skin?). Of course I understand wanting to start preventing signs of ageing ASAP.

You could try Burts Bees Naturally Ageless Serum - it has natural ingredients. I picked it up after choosing Oil of Olay (which has great reviews by the way) and being scared by the ingrediants list LOL!

http://www.burtsbees.com/natural-products/face-treatments/naturally-ageless-intensive-repairing-serum.html

p.s. I'm 31, and am also interested in prevention :smile:

3. have you tried patricia wexler?

4. Try Avene, they have these anti-age and whitening serum

5. The best thing you can do is use a good sunscreen every day. You won't need the anti-aging stuff so soon!

6. I agree about using a good sunscreen at 19. A lot of the anti-aging serums aren't designed for people in their teens.

7. There really is no effective antiaging serum per se. Take it from a 42 yr old mom, don't buy into the hype, name, cost, bottle, etc.

The absolute best, bar none, products you need are: STABLE VIT C SERUM, S/S 24/7/365, and a RETINOID. At your age, an OTC retinoid product (RoC, Avene) would be sufficient. The vit C and retinoid are the only products proven to rebuild collagen, decrease discoloration, and improve skin texture. The s/s daily will mean you won't have to fight an uphill battle/repair damage in the long run.

It's much easier to prevent damage than it is to repair it ;)

8. I agree - at your age, you need to be worrying about prevention rather than repair. Use something with a good sunscreen, and a Vitamin C product to repair any damage or discoloration you may have.

9. I totally agree!!!!!

10. i started using dior's l'or de vie extract 2 years ago when i was 24, and i really like it. it's much lighter than most anti-aging products, and it's actually meant specifically for prevention rather than for repair. one of my girlfriends just commented yesterday that my skin looks a lot more radiant & healthy than it did when we first met (when i graduated from college)

i also *completely* agree that sunblock is the #1 most important thing you can do for your skin! i'm lucky because i prefer my skin super-pale, so i've been slathering on sunblock religiously since i was a kid (^(oo)^)

11. He11z yeah!! :tup: Sunscreen. Drink water. Stay out of the sun. Lather, rinse, repeat!

I'm 43 in a couple months :P. And yes that's me in my 'tar.

12. Dr. Pat Wexler.. is a favorite and works well..