anthropologie return policy

alsb

Jun 10, 2009
i want anybody to tell me about anthropologie's return policy.
i have a few items i haven't worn.
i have receipts and tags.
but one of them is bought over 2 months ago, and the other one is about 1 month ago.
will they accept those items to return?
i checked their website, but i couldn't find the information.

thanks for your help!

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Anthro is like Nordstrom, they will take anything back.

Merchandise without a receipt will receive store credit for the current selling price. After a year, the selling price becomes a $.10, so I wouldn't wait that long and try to return something with no receipt.

When I worked there, one time I had to take a return for a used tea cup that was 6 years old!!!! The lady was appalled that after six years, her teacup would develop a chip. I just couldn't believe the gall of that woman (since that cost gets passed around to everyone else), but she was allowed to return it!

tehkatt

O.G.
Dec 29, 2008
Crazy! But did you just give her 10 cents for it?

Anthro is like Nordstrom, they will take anything back.

Merchandise without a receipt will receive store credit for the current selling price. After a year, the selling price becomes a $.10, so I wouldn't wait that long and try to return something with no receipt.

When I worked there, one time I had to take a return for a used tea cup that was 6 years old!!!! The lady was appalled that after six years, her teacup would develop a chip. I just couldn't believe the gall of that woman (since that cost gets passed around to everyone else), but she was allowed to return it!

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Crazy! But did you just give her 10 cents for it?

She had her receipt so she got all of her $7 back for it. Eventually, Anthro will crack down on their return policy, people will complain about it... but really, it's people like the Teacup Lady that make returning items more difficult for everyone else!

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
Gimmethebag - do you know what happens to sale merchandise that doesn't sell through? I wish they had outlets, but I'm sure it would be totally picked over!

Most sale merchandise sells through. Usually the dime-outs happen when a piece has been sitting in someone's closet for a year and in which case, they aren't allowed to put dime-outs on the selling floor.

Old merchandise is donated to charity. Anthro will never have outlets because it's financially better for the company to get the tax credit for donating pieces to charities.

reztyle

Aug 11, 2008
I worked at Anthro for seven years. When I left 3 yrs. ago they started to sell their old stock to Marshalls. So when you see Joe jeans, velvet shirts, odille, stationaries, gift sets that you thought you've seen at Anthro, most likely it was. Also Jeffries in San Francisco sells plenty of Anthro clothing but it could be a little more than what Antrho was selling it on sale so it's always ideal to check out Anthro's sale racks. They also have 14 days for price adjustment. Plus don't forget to check online. There were times that it goes on sale online first then the store and vice versa. I'm not sure if they still get new merchandise everyday. It was like X'mas everyday except Friday because of new shipment and that's why they merchandise the floor everyday and it was a challenge to do go backs. Anyway, always keep your receipts or sign up for their Anthro card and they'll keep track of what you've purchased just in case you loose your receipts.