Anthracite Claire

nsloane8

Jun 5, 2008
I just ordered this bag and was wondering if anyone has this color. I need this bag for everyday and have two children I just get so nervous that it will get dirty and you cannot clean it because it is a pebbled metallic leather. I have never seen this IRL. Any opinions??

Just ordered the claire in anthracite. does anyone own this bag or any bag in that color? I know the Audrey came in that color too. Its a pebbled leather and I am afraid of peeling or staining I need it for everday. I think I like the shape of this bag. If you own one tell me if you like it? (claire) in general

This is a fairly new bag in the anthracite so maybe there are not too many people who have it yet.

OK, just my opinion, I've seen the anthracite bags at the Coach store and they are lovely, but if I was looking for an everyday bag, I wouldn't buy a metallic leather bag. I have a couple and they are beautiful, but I wouldn't expect them to take much wear.

The Claire itself is fine, nice and roomy, maybe just another finish?

Thanks, I talked to the lady at there main office and she said it was good for everyday. I told her I am hard on my bags but I am not so sure she really understands or maybe she was just saying what i wanted to hear. I liked the Kristen but it was so big. It looked more like a business type bag. I already had the patent sabrina and that peeled so I returned maybe, I should just get that bag again in Leather or the Audrey I just really like the chain strap its so pretty and different. I am so sick of black too. I dont know I guess i will see when I get it. I had the metallic carley and that metallic started coming off right away but this is pebbled if that even makes a difference. Thanks I guess I will see when it comes even the stores in Manhatten did not have anything in this color.

well, metalic bags do have a reputation for not holding their finish. however, the steel sabrina is more pebbled and i have not heard about problems with that bag. it may be that the pebbled metallics are more resilient. hopefully someone will chime in on this regarding pebbled metallics. good luck!

Yes, the person I talked to at Coach when I ordered it said it was fine. Maybe the pebbled is different. I liked the Audrey in the anthracite but I like that the Claire laid just right and had a longer strap. I guess we will see. I just get so nervous with their bags. I had a light blue pebbled bag a few years back and the bottom (even though it had little bumps to keep it from touching the surface) started peeling. I swear I have the worst luck with these bags. Good thing they have been pretty good about standing behind their product. My Sabrina I loved but the Patent was peeling and I did not even have it one year. I dont know about you but they kind of gave me a hard time and I am like "This bag was over 500$ and should atleast last a few years if not more". Anyway, if anyone has pictures of this color please post. Their was one other bag that was so cute but might be way to big, I forgot the name it came in Anthracite and a pretty purple it is part of the Madison collection.