Anthracite 2013 have green undertones???

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
I'm really wanting an anthracite city but I have yet to see one IRL and DO NOT want green undertones at all! A darker muted grey would be perfect but I would love to know for sure before I place the order...

I do not like the anthracite color this year. It is dark grey, but the bags in this color have a painted look. Actually I want something in anthracite too and have compared the old anthracite and new anthracite at Bal store. Unfortunately they do not have the old anthracite in the style I want.

Beware!!! I just ordered an Anthra work online and received a Spring 2012 bag!!! It's gorgeous with great leather and blue undertones so I lucked out. My point is if you order online you have no idea what season bag you will be getting.

I'm really wanting an anthracite city but I have yet to see one IRL and DO NOT want green undertones at all! A darker muted grey would be perfect but I would love to know for sure before I place the order...

I don't think there's any guarantees you'll get one without the green. If there's any chance of you seeing them in person, I'd definitely go that route instead.

If you do order, try calling a Bal boutique and ordering from them. This way, you can tell the sales person exactly what you want, and they can pick a bag based on your specifications.

Doing it online through Bal com is really a hit or miss. I did it with my Anthra and got a Green bag with a grey undertone.

The strict 2013 Anthracite bags have very little to no green undertone. However, I also think they have very little blue undertone either… and in that case, why get Anthracite vs Gris Tarmac? They are nearly identical.

If you go with Anthracite my suggestion is to fully embrace the variety of tones. I take pictures of my bag and it looks navy in one, teal in another, and hunter green in a third. The crazy mix of shades is part of what makes Anthracite what it is. You may be happier with a plain gray if you really dislike color tones, but, that's just me.

One of my favorite gems is labradorite and I love how my Balenciaga can capture all the crazy facets that my jewels do :smile:

I saw a few bags in 2013 Anthra and quite all of them looked like a medium grey with blue undertones..no green tones but not the anthra I was looking for(infact at the end I decided for a black city). I have a Gris Tarmac wallet and 2013 anthra looked very similar to it IMO

Hi girls! I want to share with you my first Bal Bag. It's an Anthra Work from 2012 SS. I saw in a store the 2013 leather and I loved it! But now I have ordered online and I received a bag from 2012. What do you think? Does it have too much wrinkles? I think that the 2013 leather is more shiny. Let's show you mine:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 461
Beware!!! I just ordered an Anthra work online and received a Spring 2012 bag!!! It's gorgeous with great leather and blue undertones so I lucked out. My point is if you order online you have no idea what season bag you will be getting.
Is your bag similar to mine? Does it wears well with time? I find that mine is a little bit dry!