Anthony Messenger - Do we love it?

Thank you for that Lady Farquar, Holds more than I thought,it will be a new one from local House of Fraser I think, as my other half buying it :woot:
Have to hope they have in Darwin now, yes it will be a change in chocolate and I never thought about not having to worry about it as much as the oak ..

Ooh, lucky you!! Afraid Darwin was phased out some years ago - it's now Natural Vegetable Tanned (NVT for short) now.

Not that I'm saying NVT isn't lovely - mine are NVT & are still lovely leather, just that Darwin was thicker (but then again, would be heavier to carry)

We'll look forward to your reveal at some stage :graucho:

Ooh, lucky you!! Afraid Darwin was phased out some years ago - it's now Natural Vegetable Tanned (NVT for short) now.

Not that I'm saying NVT isn't lovely - mine are NVT & are still lovely leather, just that Darwin was thicker (but then again, would be heavier to carry)

We'll look forward to your reveal at some stage :graucho:

Oh shame that, think at the price they would keep the thicker leather.
Do you (or anyone reading this) know if the logo tree is still on the front ? was reading reviews on another local store (John Lewis) that sells Mulberry and some mentioned the embossed tree not on the fromt of the Antony now? will go and have a look next chance, shame if its not ... again at that price :pout:
Moans over and can't wait to get her :Presents Yes will do a reveal x

Don't know whether you would consider the dark oak, specially made for the outlet stores, currently available......£245

They also have them in graphite grey & putty.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 535
Oh shame that, think at the price they would keep the thicker leather.
Do you (or anyone reading this) know if the logo tree is still on the front ? was reading reviews on another local store (John Lewis) that sells Mulberry and some mentioned the embossed tree not on the fromt of the Antony now? will go and have a look next chance, shame if its not ... again at that price :pout:
Moans over and can't wait to get her :Presents Yes will do a reveal x

Hi no the newer bags do not have the tree on the front, I bought my black ant in October last year and sadly no tree or mulberry stamped on the brass ( thing ) on the strap

Don't know whether you would consider the dark oak, specially made for the outlet stores, currently available......£245

They also have them in graphite grey & putty.....
Hi Are you still pleased with the outlet bag or do you wish you had bought the other normal retail Anthony? I am thinking of buying one and cannot decide which one to get. Obviously the price of the outlet store one is more attractive, Angela

Hi Are you still pleased with the outlet bag or do you wish you had bought the other normal retail Anthony? I am thinking of buying one and cannot decide which one to get. Obviously the price of the outlet store one is more attractive, Angela
My outlet Antonys are still going strong and I am very happy with them :yes:

I have both sizes of Anthony - oak in small a d choc in large - and love them both! I see the small oak quite often - she's neat and handy for purse, phone, keys etc etc - and the older, large choc is still looking great after seven years! She carries absolutely everything and is great when you want to be hands-free! :smile:

Hi Ladies! I'm contemplating an Anthony Messenger for handsfree moments, such as to slip into a suitcase for travel. Who has one, and, do you love it? Color? Worth the $$? How much can you fit in? Pros, cons? Thanks! :flowers:

Not for me :sick: sorry to all you fans but I absolutely hate it and other than Maisie there aren't any other Mulberrys I can say that about

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread but when it was discussed last time someone called it "a bus conductors bag" :lolots:

We are all different of course, for me I just hate the look of it. I am all for a hands free bag but there are plenty more to chose from ;)

I love my Antony's have the small in chocolate, and a large putty :love:
I'm now longing for another large in oak and going to sell my Alexa to fund it .. my sister says I'm mad, but my Antony' are bags I use daily, where my Alexa sits in her bag more often than not .. I must be an Antony addict :weird:

:ghi5:

I have both sizes of Anthony - oak in small a d choc in large - and love them both! I see the small oak quite often - she's neat and handy for purse, phone, keys etc etc - and the older, large choc is still looking great after seven years! She carries absolutely everything and is great when you want to be hands-free! :smile:
Do you have an Alexa or Effie satchels?

I love my Antony's have the small in chocolate, and a large putty :love:
I'm now longing for another large in oak and going to sell my Alexa to fund it .. my sister says I'm mad, but my Antony' are bags I use daily, where my Alexa sits in her bag more often than not .. I must be an Antony addict :weird:

:ghi5:

Hi
Why do you prefer the Anthony over the Alexa? Angela

Hi
Why do you prefer the Anthony over the Alexa? Angela

Hi Angela,
I don't know really, there is just something about the Antony .. love how it feels when wearing the large across body the wide strap I guess makes it comfortable, and the small Antony same across body also hangs nicely from the shoulder, looks smart for work too.
My Alexa feels clumsy after wearing the Antony ....

Last edited: