Antheia or Chanel VIP?

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
So I think I need one more bag before I truly go on a ban and I want it to be a good one. I have promised myself I would sell off some lesser used bags if I go big.

I have an opportunity to get a Chanel VIP tote or an Antheia Hobo PM? Both are new, never carried and below retail enough to justify the splurge. I love a tote and I do not have a grey bag so the Chanel with its discreet elegance calls my name. I have been dying to get a Chanel tote to cap off my Chanel collection as I feel I have cover the basics - jumbo flap, GST, WOC, half moon accordian and kisslock clutch (of course, I want some of the reissue action and a mademoiselle, but I am trying to be good)

The Antheia, a bag I have never considered, has so much detail!!!!! I am the "anti-hobo" girl as I do not care for casual styles but this one may be the one that wins me over. It has recently been discontinued so I know that it will be hard to come by but does that mean it will be dated?

I am so torn? I wish I could get both! Does anyone have both and can give me some insight? This will be the last for a long time (about 23 months)

Here is a pic of the the VIP for reference:

Attachments

• VIP tote.jpg
    VIP tote.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 579
Personally, I like the Antheia best, but you sound very passionate about the Chanel tote - you made me want to go buy it. I don't think that the Antheia will appear dated just because it's discontinued. Maybe, you could find one that you could return if you don't love it once you get it.

How's your weather in Charlotte? I'm a little over an hour north of you and we have lots of ice here.

Good luck with your decision!

erm.. i actually felt that your current collection is better than the 2 choices you mention. GST is a tote. i would rather put the $$ into jewellery if i were you. sorry, ain't helping much.

Antheia! I own the GM and it is one of my favorite bags ever. The leather is insanely soft and luxurious! It is seriously the most comfortable bag I've ever carried. I say all this, but must disclose that I'm a hobo lover. IMO this bag is casual and sophisticated at the same time. I wouldn't worry about it going out of style anytime soon!

Personally, I like the Antheia best, but you sound very passionate about the Chanel tote - you made me want to go buy it. I don't think that the Antheia will appear dated just because it's discontinued. Maybe, you could find one that you could return if you don't love it once you get it.

How's your weather in Charlotte? I'm a little over an hour north of you and we have lots of ice here.

Good luck with your decision!

Thank you for the insight - Charlotte was a mess going home today! It took me 10 minutes of serious physical labor to chip the ice off of my car! I am happy to be home safely - and I presume you are to - we are blessed because a lot people had a rough time getting home tonight. Mother nature puts it all in perspective!

erm.. i actually felt that your current collection is better than the 2 choices you mention. GST is a tote. i would rather put the $$ into jewellery if i were you. sorry, ain't helping much.

I don't really think either is that spectacular considering the price tag. Put that money towards your UHG!

I think DH would kill me if I bought another Sofia Coppola but it is good point - and he could just bury me with the new Cassis!

Antheia! Don't care for the bottom of that Chanel. The Antheia ia a beautiful leather!

My vote goes to this Chanel. I'm not a big fan of the antheia hobo. If you said antheia ixia then definitely the antheia :biggrin:

I am a huge chanel lover, but i say antheia in this case! Love that bag!

I soooo wish both were an option . . . maybe I need to open another bottle of wine and pretend not to have any recollection of my purchases! I hope you are all having a fabulous evening/start to your weekend! :biggrin:

Hmm...as much as I love Chanel, it's not wowing me with the bottom portion. Plus you already have a pretty well rounded collection. I'd go for the Antheia since the leather is really lovely and soft, but it is really hobo-like so not sure if you can learn to love it?

I will always love the detail in the antheia....but worry how the stitching will wear over time.

Honestly, I don't like the base of the chanel tote...

I personally would not pick either. Save the money and make your ban shorter! :graucho: