ANOTHER week until my Aqua Work...

wow that's crazy. I've never had any problems with BalNY but then again it could be that I live in Virginia which is a shorter distance from NY than from Toronto. Just try and not think about the bag alot that way the week will go by faster. I've noticed that the more I agonize over a particular day, the longer it takes for it to come.

*sigh*..it usually takes about 3 hours to clear Customs if the right paperwork is included.
I assume they just sent it the cheapest way possible and Fedex is taking their sweeta** time on top of that. I almost wish I'd agreed to UPS, but not quite yet.
It's so agonizing to wait, and the worst part is, I am killing time by looking at everyone's new bags, and thinking of what I want next! So now this is going to end up costing me a lot more than time:lol:

*sigh*..it usually takes about 3 hours to clear Customs if the right paperwork is included.
I assume they just sent it the cheapest way possible and Fedex is taking their sweeta** time on top of that. I almost wish I'd agreed to UPS, but not quite yet.
It's so agonizing to wait, and the worst part is, I am killing time by looking at everyone's new bags, and thinking of what I want next! So now this is going to end up costing me a lot more than time:lol:

oh God, u sound like me :roflmfao:
when i waited for a new bag to arrive (i almost always bought them overseas, not much choices here), i always browse for more to kill my waiting, adn i ended up buying more, then when the 1st one arrive, adn i'm waiting for the 2nd one, i browse again and almost always end up buying something more, again...
this became like an evil circle to me LOL

No way should you have to wait that long for your bag. It is so agonizing to buy something and then have such a lengthy delay. I can sympathize because I am no good at delayed gratification.

Update for anyone who didn't look at my post on the Aqua Club thread (yes, this is a very obvious plea for sympathy):
My bag has been stuck with FedEx since April 4th.

wow...this is ridiculous....even i bought an item from a US seller, it only takes abt less than 9 workin days to reach me esp i'm located in asia....also, i jus ordered the money wallet in marine from aloha rag, and they sent out this monday and i will rec'd my item on track next monday (which is ur sunday).....that sounds really unbelievable here....how can a shipment takes so long esp is within their neighbouring states/countries....really can't understand.....:Push: :Push:

Yes, I ordered it from BalNY. I usually order from Aloha Rag since it comes in two days so this is a real shock to the system, I run a business with lots of stuff being shipped to and fro from the US and international and I KNOW how long shipping takes. BalNY usually ships UPS but I refuse to deal with them after numerous experiences so I requested USPS, they said no (which sucks, I think USPS will even pick up express parcels, no?) and we compromised on Fedex. I just called yesterday because I was expecting to have received it already, it's been a week, and Daphne tracked it for me. They won't give out tracking numbers at BalNY. She said that she called them and they confirmed that the delivery date was April 12:cursing: .
I also suspect that perhaps the bag wasn't sent out when she said it was and that's where the actual delay happened. Still, when after the duty and brokerage I'm paying close to $1600 for a bag, it just should not take two weeks to arrive, I think. Grrr.

They don't give out tracking numbers?? That is RIDICULOUS. I really don't think I will be buying from them. You are probably right, they probably sent it out late. How dishonest. When you are paying that much for a bag, a tracking number is the least they could offer. I completely feel you. Sorry you have to wait sooooo long. Keep busy, it might help.:P

They don't give out tracking numbers?? That is RIDICULOUS. I really don't think I will be buying from them. You are probably right, they probably sent it out late. How dishonest. When you are paying that much for a bag, a tracking number is the least they could offer. I completely feel you. Sorry you have to wait sooooo long. Keep busy, it might help.:P
Nope, they sent it April 2nd, and it arrived in Canada April 4th:cursing:

i totally understand your situation. I tried to buy the aqua work from BalNY but since they dont provide me any choice for shipping. I refused to deal with them. I always prefer USPS than UPS because based on my experience. my countries custom can clear a USPS parcel in a few hrs and it only took like 5 working days to send a parcel from US to NZ by USPS EMS.

If they sent by UPS i will need to pay 20-30% tax, storage fee, processing fee + takes at least 2 days to clear the custom. total will take more than 2 weeks.

Same as u, i always deal with aloharag and i love their service. but sadly they told me they are not getting any aquamarine. So I end up contacting BalNY for their stock..

their service is shocking... and i suppose you also paying around 50-70 dollar for shipping.

Last time when I ship my Chanel 2.55 from US to NZ, Chanel charged me $110 USD for shipping for a such small handbag!!

i totally understand your situation. I tried to buy the aqua work from BalNY but since they dont provide me any choice for shipping. I refused to deal with them. I always prefer USPS than UPS because based on my experience. my countries custom can clear a USPS parcel in a few hrs and it only took like 5 working days to send a parcel from US to NZ by USPS EMS.

If they sent by UPS i will need to pay 20-30% tax, storage fee, processing fee + takes at least 2 days to clear the custom. total will take more than 2 weeks.

Same as u, i always deal with aloharag and i love their service. but sadly they told me they are not getting any aquamarine. So I end up contacting BalNY for their stock..

their service is shocking... and i suppose you also paying around 50-70 dollar for shipping.

Last time when I ship my Chanel 2.55 from US to NZ, Chanel charged me $110 USD for shipping for a such small handbag!!
Well, with BalNY the shipping is free.
All of the repairs I've gotten back from them took about 4 days to get to me. So this is purely FedEx's fault.

Ye Gods! So not only have FedEx sent the bag via carrier pigeon, but they've picked the one with only one wing!?
Missing a wing and both legs from what I gather...just a mess of a creature...

that's so weird... i ordered from BalNY and they sent it UPS and it got to Montreal in 3 days. i wonder why they would use FedEx for some and UPS for others...i hope this gets cleared up soon!

that's so weird... i ordered from BalNY and they sent it UPS and it got to Montreal in 3 days. i wonder why they would use FedEx for some and UPS for others...i hope this gets cleared up soon!
Actually, I requested Fedex, firstly because I wouldn't have to pay the duties/brokerage up front which is great, and second, because up until now UPS has taken the cake for complete incompetence. I no longer accept UPS shipments for my personal purchases or my boutique because of their spectacular fumbles over the years.
I guess one is just as bad as the other. And they wouldn't ship USPS/Canada Post, which sucks because THEIR brokerage is $5.00 and it takes 3-5 days including Customs. Thank you everyone for indulging me with my blatant self-pity!
*sigh*