Another unhappy Mulberry customer!!!

Crizza

Jan 6, 2014
My relationship with Mulberry is over! I bought a choc SBS in the Boxing Day sale, the handle started to split last month........to cut a long story short Mulberry now tell me that it can't be repaired, there are none left in stock so my only choice is a credit note. They will not give me a new SBS as the current bag is not a "like-for-like" product as the leather/hardware have been updated and the product code is different!!!!! I now have to find a bag for the same price I paid in the sale (as if!) or hang fire for the summer sale and risk getting nothing! Not a happy bunny and shall never buy from this so called luxury brand again.

Oh dear ... And you've just reminded me that I have yet to hear about my broken Emerald Alexa!

I do think that the least they could do is replace her with another one, even if she has been updated. Actually, they have discontinued chocolate in the new Mulberry stock catalogue, so getting a choc anything could be interesting soon ...

Have you spoken with Rebecca Groom? Most people have found her to be very helpful.

Good luck - don't give up hope!

Definitely not Rebecca who replied to my email. I have always loved the Choc Antony so would consider that but apart from wallet clutches that is literally the only thing close to the £486 I paid. The email said customer services and repairs are acting within the company's guidelines so I don't expect them to budge. However I have in the last 2 years built up a small but expensive collection and they shall never see another penny (apart from the £9 difference I would have to pay for the Antony!)
Based on most items selling out at sale time, should a sale item ever need repair I imagine you would be out of luck if a repair was not possible, in that they cannot locate any stock of the original bag thanks to the "upgrade" i.e price increase of the newer style of the same bag!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!

I would definitely contact Rebecca Groom, stating your case firmly and politely - pointing out that you are a loyal customer and hope to be treated as such. I'm sure that someone on the forum had a similar problem and eventually had a replacement bag that they wanted. A credit note would in no way allow you to purchase like for like. Which would you actually prefer, the sbs or the Antony? I have both and do like the hand-held option on the sbs ...

I do love the choc colour so would probably be happy with that but loved my SBS so much (even though my sis despised it!). She also has a small collection but after my experience has said she will never buy another Mulberry product again. I think I will ring customer services tomorrow and ask to speak to Rebecca before I rush into an decision, thanks for the reference.

Good news thanks to Rebecca Groom; I had almost settled for a swap for a small choc Antony when the Manchester store called me today to say Rebecca has been in touch and I am to pick up a brand new SBS from the store this weekend! She must have intervened and I came home to an email from her which also stated they are currently reviewing their whole returns and repairs processed and have taken my comments on board, yay!

Good news thanks to Rebecca Groom; I had almost settled for a swap for a small choc Antony when the Manchester store called me today to say Rebecca has been in touch and I am to pick up a brand new SBS from the store this weekend! She must have intervened and I came home to an email from her which also stated they are currently reviewing their whole returns and repairs processed and have taken my comments on board, yay!

I'm so pleased that you have had a positive outcome, Crizza; I firmly believe that Rebecca cares deeply about customer satisfaction and am glad that she has resolved this for you!! Fingers crossed that you have a little beauty waiting for you in the Manchester store! Looking forward to a pic! :smile:

Glad they arrived at the right answer. It beggars belief that Mulberry could even contemplate disadvantaging someone who bought an expensive bag in good faith, then found it had quality issues, just because they had changed the model slightly and jacked up the price... and quibble about it when your bag was in warranty!

Mulberry should train all SAs to adopt Rebecca's focus on doing the right thing...

Great outcome :tup: