Another Tracking info question

candlee

~Happy~
Sep 2, 2008
Hi~I bought a bag on ebay. I got the email with a tracking number, but when I track it, it says this ~The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on August 6, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later~
I'm scared that I may getting scammed! I hope not!! Has anyone ever gotten this message when you have tracked something??

It won't update until it gets to a sort facility or arrivas at the designated unit. I've actually been haveing good tracking lately through USPS.

^^Exactly. That's what it says when the label is printed. Delivery confirmation isn't really tracking, sometimes it'll only show when the label is printed (like yours did) and then when the item is delivered (but by then you have it!).

Candlee - just wanted to add...if you are tracking through "my ebay", it's not very good with the updates. Copy and paste the number at the USPS tracking site.

Usually that means they printed out the shipping label through PayPal and perhaps dropped it off at the Post Office, but until the Post Office scans that barcode, there won't be a notification of acceptance.
I'd give it a little bit more time and it should show up in a few days :smile: