Another to keep or not question

LVOEbear

Jan 18, 2012
About a month ago, I purchased the Pallas in Aurore. It was the very last one and it made my heart skip...those of you who have seen it in person knows it's a gorgeous bag. I used it once at school and then brought it home where I treated the handles with the loving my bags stuff. Now it's been sitting in my closet. I can't bring myself to use it. I don't know for fear of ruining it or something. I've never been like that with any of my other bags so I don't know why i'm like that with this one. Anyway, I know there is supposed to be a price increase soon so should I go ahead and sell to fund for something I will actually use or just get over my fear of using?

Thanks ladies ! :P

forespec

Feb 6, 2013
if your affraid of using the bag than it's a waste for your money, the bag is meant to be used and I think like many times I get a more pricy bag I baby it and affraid of scratching it and when something happns I gasp for air and than I feel better and more relaxed :smile:

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
I just bought the same bag a few weeks back. Why are you scared to use it? The canvas and leather are very durable and it has minimal vachetta and you should be fine since you protected the handles. I would use it a few more times before deciding to sell it. You may regret the decision later and then it will be more to buy the bag again due to the price increase...

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
I definitely think that you should keep it. The Aurore is a beautiful color and very popular. If the outside color is that gorgeous I can only imagine how lovely it is inside.

Why don't you start by using it for a quick errand, or just take it to work for one day. Start slow when you know you can take extra special care of it. Maybe that would relieve your worries.

I think the Pallas will end up being a classic that many many people are going to want to own. I have it in Quetsche and I love it so much I bought an Elysee wallet in Quetsche to have a matching wallet.

I hope you can come to love yours too. :hbeat:

sleeping

Nov 12, 2011
About a month ago, I purchased the Pallas in Aurore. It was the very last one and it made my heart skip...those of you who have seen it in person knows it's a gorgeous bag. I used it once at school and then brought it home where I treated the handles with the loving my bags stuff. Now it's been sitting in my closet. I can't bring myself to use it. I don't know for fear of ruining it or something. I've never been like that with any of my other bags so I don't know why i'm like that with this one. Anyway, I know there is supposed to be a price increase soon so should I go ahead and sell to fund for something I will actually use or just get over my fear of using?

Thanks ladies ! :P

You definitely need to get over your fear and enjoy your bag. " Bag" suppose to be used unless you are collector, just use her and enjoy her.

O.G.
Mar 14, 2012
Is it your first bag with vachetta?
I agree with the previous posts, give it a chance, take it for short errands on non rainy days. Once it starts to patina it will not be as prone to staining plus this bag has very little vachetta to worry about.
If you do decide to sell it, it would make more sense to do after the price increase anyways.
GL!!

vinbenphon1

May 2, 2013
Are you sure this is not just buyer's remorse kicking in? You obviously loved it at the time you bought it. I say keep it and use it everyday. After a few times the novelty will wear off (as happens with my new bags) and you won't even think twice about enjoying it.

Pandaemonium

Bohemian Spirit
Oct 3, 2013
You can always do what some of the ladies here do, and I think looks amazing.. They take scarves around the handles with little decorative braids and twists and bunny ears at the bottom. They protect the handles from what I see.

You will want to make sure that color transfer wouldn't be a problem though, first.