another thread on people carrying fakes.

ashleyroe

back from a hiatus!
Aug 26, 2009
So i work at a tool/hardware retail store, and the other day another cashier and i were at the registers. A woman dressed in scrubs comes in and is looking for a blood pressure wrist band (yes we have a house wears section). And i notice she is carrying an AWFUL patch-work like 'coach' bag - handles falling apart (really bad lining when i got to look inside). so obviously i cringed. she comes back to the register to check out and she pulls out an even more stomach churning wallet, dont get me started on the coin purse she took out after that. after holding myself back from mentioning to her faux paw, she leaves and i turn to the other cashier and say 'i had to hold back from puking in the trash at all that ladys fake coach'. and she says 'none of that was real?!'

i was like hell no!

i guess you have to have an eye for that stuff. but to me i can spot it a mile away. the cashier it went on to say 'well coach is really expensive' and i explained the outlets, ebay, and pce's to her.

i just dont get how people can keep buying all this fake stuff and carry it so proudly.

again, i guess it 's a matter of they dont care or they just dont know.

It's why I have stayed clear of Coach for so long...I live in podunk and *EVERYONE* carries fake Coach bags. I honestly don't know how to spot a good fake - one that looks quite real, but there are a lot of obvious, cheaply made fakes floating around and when a coworker boasts she got her beautiful (NOT!) new coach for $30 at a purse party, then you know it's not real.

I don't begrudge people buying low priced handbags, I know not everyone can afford expensive bags.

I think what happens is people think they are somehow"getting one over" when they buy a fake. They feel that they are getting the same product at an incredible cheaper price! Most people I know who have fakes are very proud of this fact! They tell everyone in ear site and then share where they got it and how much they paid for it!
They figure no one can tell the difference anyway so why pay so much?

It is what it is, I worked a convention event recently, and there was a member of the events staff who was hired to help assist and had a fake Coach bag herself, with all of her paperwork in it and the fraying edges and fake leather barely holding the bag together.

I didn't laugh, or even think it was cute that she tried, after all, nothing I would have or could have told that woman about her fake handbag would have helped her "see the light" but it was nice to see plenty of REAL Coach bags on the people who attended the event as paying customers.

I don't understand why people buy fake coach purses. Why not just get a nice non designer bag. My sister in law(who shops at the outlet)told me she bought a fake wallet at the flea market. Then she cut me off when I was going to say why not get a real wristlet at the outlet or a nice non-coach leather wallet. Saying oh you can't even tell it is fake. I wanted to tell her a real coach lover can tell and when it falls apart(which we all know it will)you will know you wasted your money. She buys real bags and now lives about 10 minutes from the outlet. I did not want to see it because i would have told her it looked cheap and I love my brother to much to say anything rude to her.

I used to buy fake coach purses, but the quality is so bad and falls apart so quickly I stopped buying them and started buying leather handbags from thrift stores before I got into buying real coach purses. I don't knock anyone for buying fakes because sometimes you don't know any better(like me) or don't have the money, but once you have the real thing and see the quality is 100,000 times better you never ever will go back to buying anything fake. Just my 2 cents.

Back before I was able to buy Coach...I wasn't even interested in bags. When I did start to get interested in them, I went to Juicy Couture first. Their bags are not that expensive, to me. I didn't think it would be practical to bring home $1k a month and buy Coach too. Especially since my DH (then BF) and I had just moved in together and were paying rent.
However, when my situation changed, I was able to look into it.
But, before that, I didn't even want to think about buying a fake bag. I just went with what I could afford. I didn't want to try to "front" and have a fake Coach...it just seemed so icky. Plus, I knew what I would be supporting if I did. :tdown:

After my first few bags(Bleeker Sophie from Marshalls, Op art Sabrina from Dillards, black sequin spotlight also from Dillards), I went looking around the internets for how to tell real from fake Coach...because I wanted to get into ebay. That brought me here, and the rest is history. LOL!

So, no one should ever ever carry a fake. There are PLENTY of handbag makers out there, for all price points. Don't try to act like you have something you don't...TPF'ers will see you and judge! LOL!

How the bag LOOKS is vastly different than what you're supporting when you buy a fake. There are ugly real bags that cost thousands. I'd be less concerned that a Foach bag was so ugly than with where her dollars went when buying one.

How the bag LOOKS is vastly different than what you're supporting when you buy a fake. There are ugly real bags that cost thousands. I'd be less concerned that a Foach bag was so ugly than with where her dollars went when buying one.

i think my main point was how dirty, falling apart, and fraying, all her items were... and the horrible lining lol which was sparkly and had logos and all sorts of things all over it. also ripped and coming off the bag so you could see inbetween.

i think my main point was how dirty, falling apart, and fraying, all her items were... and the horrible lining lol which was sparkly and had logos and all sorts of things all over it. also ripped and coming off the bag so you could see inbetween.

Oh I have no doubt that it was ugly. My point was that it being a fake is a far worse crime in my opinion. :smile:

I wish you could have taken a picture, I could use a good laugh.:biggrin: I can't believe she even had a fake coin purse.

I feel there is no reason to carry a fake- if somebody wants to carry a designer bag and can't afford an expensive one, they can buy a REAL designer bag from Target or Kohls- Vera Wang, Dana Buchman, & Ralph Lauren all have lines at Kohls; Devi Kroell, Rafe, Hayden Hartnett, Botkier, Loeffler Randall, Gryson, and currently Mulberry, plus a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting, have all done lines at Target. There are authentic designer bags at all price points, so there is NO excuse to carry an ugly fake.

I feel there is no reason to carry a fake- if somebody wants to carry a designer bag and can't afford an expensive one, they can buy a REAL designer bag from Target or Kohls- Vera Wang, Dana Buchman, & Ralph Lauren all have lines at Kohls; Devi Kroell, Rafe, Hayden Hartnett, Botkier, Loeffler Randall, Gryson, and currently Mulberry, plus a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting, have all done lines at Target. There are authentic designer bags at all price points, so there is NO excuse to carry an ugly fake.

i have a chaps bag from kohls that i loved to death, but i wore it out quickly.